Off the Grid - Fort Mason
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 98%Budget Travelers
- 98%Local Culture
- 67%Family Travelers
- 67%Adventure Travelers
Member Reviews (33)
- Off the Grid - Fort MasonMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 8Mar 10, 2014
This place is awesome on a Friday evening starting at 5pm. Varieties of food trucks with great ambiance. The location is wonderful because you can walk around and even see the Golden Gate Bridge. Some of the food trucks that we try:
- Onigilly = overpriced and was super salty. It is $3 for one small roll.
- Koja Kitchen = delicious Kamikaze fries, Korean BBQ short ribs, and mochimisu.
- Fat Face Ice Cream = unique flavors of ice cream for about $3 a pop.
- Peter's Kettle Corn = good chipotle kettle corn flavor. Has a spicy kick to it. A small bag for $5
- An The Go = bland and tasteless garlic noodles, better off not getting them.
Overall, it is a fun place to have a wide selections of food. Would love to come back again for a food adventure. I am definitely a fan of this place.
- Off the Grid - Fort MasonMember ofBudget TravelersFoodiesNightlife LoversJan 27, 2014
If you want to find some of the currently popular mobile food stands and up and coming food businesses in the Bay Area, look no further. This happens every Friday at Fort Mason in San Francisco and is planned to run until the end of the year. The vendors tend to rotate so keeping updated through their website or Twitter is recommended, especially if there's a particular one you'd like to try.
In my opinion, Off the Grid is best experienced with a group. Each person can hit up a different vendor and everyone can share the grub and gripe/rave about it. Looking forward to the next one!
- Off the Grid - Fort MasonMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 4Oct 09, 2013
Off the grid is a roaming set of food trucks that wander around san francisco. They have a good selection of foods depending on who will be there and the food is fantastic. It is definitely a staple of San Francisco Culture. There is no one place you can find them, that is why you need to check out offthegridsf.com to see the schedule of where they will be.
- Off the Grid - Fort Mason
- Off the Grid - Fort MasonApr 25, 2013
On Friday nights from April through October, the Food Trucks descend on Fort Mason and circle the wagons in the parking lot. Bring a jacket and enjoy the free music while eating from some of the best food trucks in the city. These trucks are sponsored by Off the Grid which organizes venues like this for them.
- Off the Grid - Fort Mason