Old McDonald's Farmers Market long beach

5000 E Spring St

• Old McDonald's Farmers Market long beach
    Phillip Nguyen
    3 Aug 25, 2012

It's rare when I want to give half ratings but I would like to give this a 3.5--between A-OK and Fan.

The kids area was really just the petting zoo, pony ride, and slide but it seems to do it's job with the kids. I don't know how much the pony ride is but the petting zoo is $3/kid and there's about a dozen baby animals in a shaded confined area. There were about 4-6 ponies. Very cute but it makes me a little sad to see them in the sun doing nothing.

What this farmers market has going for it are the food and drink options. There is about 1.5 aisle of tasty options including the Boba Queen/Chinese Food. I love that she gives samples. I bought the Taro boba but I probably should have gotten the Green Island juice ($3 and then $2 refills). I usually like my Taro in milk tea form where it's less sweet. But it's not milk tea so it is sweeter. On the plus side, she sweetens her drinks with honey. But less honey would mean more in my book because I don't have a sweet tooth and it's always easier to add.

As for the organic fruits, veggies, and plants, they were good quality and sample worthy. Lots to pick from. My mom had never seen blood oranges and found them interesting. The orchids were gorgeous and reasonably priced $8+. I would want to buy some fruit trees from here.

PS

Plenty of street parking nearby.

• Old McDonald's Farmers Market long beach