Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 98%Local Culture
- 85%History Buffs
- 84%Art & Design Lovers
- 72%Family Travelers
- 63%Outdoor Enthusiasts
- 56%Budget Travelers
Member Reviews (85)
- Old MontrealMember ofArt & Design LoversLocal CultureOutdoor Enthusiasts+ 4Dec 09, 2013
Great part of the city to just roam or walk around. Lots of great restaurants and shops. The old buildings and cobbled stoned streets give it a wonderful atmosphere.
- Old MontrealMember ofLocal CultureBudget TravelersFoodies+ 4Nov 18, 2013
Lot's of history in Old Montreal. It is a must visit, but beware of the tourist trap in that area. It does have a lot of nice food and is close to the port. For your dose of French in Montreal, go there.
- Old MontrealMember ofArt & Design LoversLocal CultureBudget Travelers+ 4Aug 16, 2013
Quaint cobblestone streets and imposing historic buildings. The shops and restaurants in the area are great, and it's a very fun place to walk around.
- Old MontrealMember ofArt & Design LoversLocal CultureBudget Travelers+ 6Aug 16, 2013
Besides France, Vieux-Montréal is one of the best places to go to witness French culture and historic architecture. It's a great neighborhood to walk around on a nice day, browse through multiple shoppes, and eat at restaurant inside one of the historic buildings.
- Old MontrealMember ofArt & Design LoversLocal CultureOutdoor Enthusiasts+ 3Sep 11, 2013
The perfect rustic European feeling in Old Montreal. It is a popular tourist spot packed with restaurants of great quality and many shops along the roads. It is also right next to the Old Port, a great place to take a stroll and admire the St. Lawrence.
- Old MontrealMember ofArt & Design LoversLocal CultureOutdoor Enthusiasts+ 4Jul 05, 2012
Wear comfortable walking shoes because there is a lot to take in here. The whole family enjoyed the art galleries, window shopping and, yes even digging for bargains in the tourist traps! Restaurants are everywhere, but check Gogobot, and Yelp before you go to avoid the tourist traps.Recommended for:Family Travelers
- Old MontrealMember ofArt & Design LoversLocal CultureOutdoor Enthusiasts+ 11May 28, 2013
Old Montreal has classic architecture and buildings, narrow streets, interesting alleys, difficult parking, minuscule sidewalks, and charming little shops and restaurants. In the summer time it is charming, and they close down rue St Paul Est for pedestrian traffic only, just east of St Laurent, to make it that much more inviting for a lazy afternoon with tourists and locals enjoying a stroll through this cosmopolitan city.
Hotels Near Old MontrealSee more nearby hotels
Things to Do Near Old MontrealSee more nearby things to do
Restaurants Near Old MontrealSee more nearby restaurants
Aliases: Vieux-Montréal , Vieux Montréal