I was wondering if end of September - October a good time to visit Bermuda? Looking to explore the city, nice places and of course get a tan and visit beautiful beaches....
I heard it gets cold in there....so I'm not sure if it will be a good time to go there. Thanks.
- The Reefs56 South Shore Rd., Southampton SN 02, Bermudarecommended The ReefsAlthough I only had the chance to eat here, this place was over the top amazing. Wrapped around a perfect little coral cove, it's built right into the cliff side and has that romantic Mediterranean ... read morefeel of luxury. The main dinner restaurants are on the cliff top and offer panoramic views of the Atlantic and Bermudian coastline, as well as 5 star cuisine. I'm sure this place costs a pretty penny for a stay here, but from what I've seen, it's probably worth it.Arlo Hemphill
Looking for a romantic, fine-dining experience with an epic ocean view? Look no further then the main restaurant here at The Reefs...
- Mickey's Beach Bistro & BarBermudarecommended Mickey's Beach Bistro & BarA Bermudian-resident friend of mine treated me to a lunch here for a much-needed break. Right on one of Bermuda's most beautiful beaches, under the shade of a pleasant open-air canopy, Mickey's is an ... read moreawesome place to recharge. It has a great bistro-style menu in an atmosphere reminiscent of Monaco or an upscale spot in South Beach Miami. The beach scene here is bustling yet refined, classy yet loads of fun. This is a place I could see melting into the surroundings for a few hours and end up with weeks rolling by in the like swell on the sea.Arlo Hemphill
On the other hand, if you're not trying to escape the beach 'scene' but actually looking for it, you'll find it in spades here. Luxurious with a Euro-vibe, this is a epic social beach. Mickey's Beach Bistro is the perfect place to grab lunch and keep a constant flow of drinks running to you out on the sand. Wonderful.
recommended Southlands BeachParadise. Where the locals hang. A slice of heaven all to yourself.Arlo Hemphill
If you'd like to find a little beach almost all to yourself, I'd suggest moving away from the resorts and checking out a spot like Southlands. This beach is popular with the locals (because of the lack of tourists) and is truly stunning. Perfect sand, turquoise water and an amazing nearshore reef gives this place endless possibilities for all diversions.
- The Swizzle Inn3 Blue Hole Hill, Baileys Bay, CR 04, Bermudarecommended The Swizzle InnThey say you'll swizzle in and stagger out, and I'd have to agree. With some of the strongest (and most tasty) drinks this side of the Sargasso Sea, The Swizzle Inn knows how to pack a powerful rum ... read morepunch. The food is also quite good - standard pub options with a bit of Bermudian flare. Whatever you do, don't pass on the Bermuda fish chowder...it's to die for.Arlo Hemphill
September-October is a great time to visit Bermuda. Bermuda doesn't get REALLY cold, but it will get chilly in the winter. But this timeframe is NOT yet winter and perhaps one of the most pleasant actually. If you're looking for a fun place to relax over a few drinks, I highly recommend the Swizzle Inn - a true island pub, with great local food selections and a very casual hang-out environment.
- Horseshoe BayHorseshoe Bay, Bermudarecommended Horseshoe BayThis is a stunningly beautiful beach...however if you want a great contrast between Private business vs Govt just look at how Horseshoe is kept vs how immaculate the Fairmont's beach next store is ... read morekept...Regardless the water is beautiful, the sand soft...loved the rock formations and the grotto area ...took a ton of pictures...
- The Fairmont Southampton101 South Shore Road, Bermudarecommended The Fairmont SouthamptonThe rooms are nice sized with comfy beds, the hotel is kept immaculate and the staff is top notch and very friendly. The decor maybe a bit too Victorian for me...but still classic. However, it likely ... read morehas the nicest beach on the island on its property. Yes, Horseshoe is right next door and I loved the rock formations...but it is not kept anywhere near as nice as the Fairmont's beach...plus I saw as many if not more big blue parrot fish swimming out by the rock formations right off the beach. Stunning sunsets as wellSteve Hunter
I went there in November and it was in the 70's. it was beautiful at the beach and the water warm. It's not busy that time of year...so it is a little slow nightlife wise.
- Par-la-Ville ParkHamilton, Bermuda
- Sargasso SeaAtlantic Ocean
- Warwick Long BayHamilton, Bermuda
- Fort HamiltonMiddle Road, Bermuda
- Gibb's Hill LighthouseSt. Anne's Road, Bermuda
- Crystal Caves 8 Crystal Caves Road, Hamilton Parish CR 04, Bermuda