One Stop Sustainability Shop

1468 Northeast Alberta Street, Portland, OR, United States

• One Stop Sustainability ShopPro 2014
    Eric Brink

Whenever I come to Portland, 4 words that I will always hear (among many) are Coffee, Pastries, Beer, and Sustainable. And sometimes on the same block or within the first few minutes of conversation.

My son and I were walking along NE Alberta after breakfast and I wandered by The One Stop Sustainability Shop. My son didn't share my shopping instincts and decided to wait at the corner as his Mom was soon coming to pick us up.

The One Stop Sustainability Shop is run by a mother-daughter team and appears to have opened fairly recently. They offer a nice eco-friendly selection that pretty much stays true to "The Better World Shopping Guide". I also had a nice conversation with Barbara about a variety of subjects including natural vs. fake Christmas trees, outdoor expeditions, and unique product features. And as I was checking out with a few neat paper products, I was also warmly introduced to her daughter (Jessica).

I enjoyed my short shopping experience here and wouldn't mind coming back to look further, especially regarding some interesting small furniture pieces. I'm also sure that the store selection will fill out as things settle in. I love supporting small, local, and yes sustainable businesses, and I wish this family well.

1 member's review