Orchard Supply Hardware

3425 East Colorado Boulevard, Pasadena, CA

• Orchard Supply HardwarePro 2014
    Schel
    4 Aug 28, 2012

This is a great place if you are thinking that there is a chance you could have a green thumb or you just want to try growing your own plants. Perhaps you want an interesting item and didnt want to go to home depot...

Well I pretty much come to OSH for only one thing, plants. They have a lifetime warranty with receipt. Home Depot has a 1 yr warranty. Consequently, well its a safer bet with my lack of a green thumb to get plants from OSH.

PRO TIP: If you are buying a plant to produce fruit or vegetables from, look for the one with the most buds. Per the helper dudes, those are the ones that will produce the most grub.

I got a green bell and a rosemary plant here. both are growing quite well. I have 1 half sized bell in 2 weeks and 2 more smaller bells already. The three stalk bell I was told would produce a total of 20-25 (maybe more) bell peppers this year.

As the rosemary is an evergreen spice, I should never run out of fresh rosemary, so long as I remember to feed and water it =X. I am sooo looking forward to using them on shish kabobs and or in various dishes as flavoring or perhaps a primary part of the dish.

PRO TIP #2: The basic plastic pots are a bit more expensive here, so I would suggest getting those at Home Depot. Then again convenience is a huge factor I am sure... and they do have a nice selection.

BTW the sourballs candy are not very good from here, even if they are cheap, they taste cheap *blech*

Overall I am pleased with my trips to OSH and looking forward to having my plants produce some tasty vittles!

22 people visited Orchard Supply Hardware