Oren's Hummus Shop
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 63%Family Travelers
- 62%Business Travelers
- 55%Local Culture
Member Reviews (35)
- Oren's Hummus ShopMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 8Mar 07, 2014
If you decide to eat here, please remember they do not take reservation.
This place is known for their fresh hummus, unfortunately, it was plain and bland for my taste. I was not impressed. Some of the entrees that we ordered:
- Chicken Skewers = sides of quinoa and sweet potato. Chicken was slightly dried and under season.
- Beef Kabob = one of the better dishes. Perfect blend of beef and lamb ground meat.
- Hummus Triangle = fava, garbanzo, and tahini. Thick and creamy, but the taste was bland. I've tasted better.
- Schnitzel de noir = breaded chicken breast with sweet mashed potatoes.
- Mozy's rice bowl = grilled chicken with basmati rice shimmered in tomatoes.
Passing by this restaurant numerous of times and finally can say I have been here. I am not swoon by this restaurant, but glad they prepared fresh and natural ingredients throughout the day. As for service, it was ridiculously slow and I don't know why...
- Oren's Hummus ShopMember ofOutdoor EnthusiastsFamily TravelersFoodies+ 1Oct 29, 2013
Great food with great atmosphere, the only problem is that every time I come here the place is so packed we need to wait for a table, and if you just want to grab a humus, you don't really want to wait too long. you have to try the baba ganush eggplant and the tabule salad
- Oren's Hummus ShopMember ofOutdoor EnthusiastsFamily TravelersFoodies+ 2Oct 23, 2013
Amazing humus. Everything is authentic and made with the freshest ingredients. The Israeli salad is out of this world. The atmosphere is very cool - with a big chandelier, high ceilings, free wi-fi and lots of places to plug in your laptop. This place is always crowded, so come prepared to wait.
- Oren's Hummus ShopMember ofFamily TravelersFoodiesWellness+ 5Aug 20, 2013
Oren's Humas Shop is super tasty. I was impressed with not only the humus, but also the chicken skewers. They were very well seasoned and tasted delicious. The slight smokiness was great too. Also, they were pretty moist and not dry at all which can happen with chicken. Although a little tight (you won't be able to have a private conversation here), the atmosphere feels bright and open because of the huge windows that open up to welcome fresh air into the restaurant. Believe it or not, the sweet potato fries are also amazing!
- Oren's Hummus ShopMember ofLocal CultureBudget TravelersFoodies+ 4Jun 28, 2013
Drool! One of the best restaurants to eat in PA. This great authentic Israeli restaurant is ALWAYS slammed, but SO worth the wait. I've ordered a group order for take out a few times, and they are always efficient and on time.
- Oren's Hummus ShopMember ofLocal CultureFoodiesLuxury TravelersOct 03, 2012
Great food - hummus is, of course, delicious. All the skewers are great, high quality ingredients. The tabouli is a little heavy on the mint for my taste - but no complaints about anything I have had here. If you come here at peak times, definitely be prepared for a wait!
- Oren's Hummus ShopMember ofBusiness TravelersLuxury TravelersJul 05, 2012
I was apprehensive about this place when my friend suggested we eat here because I've had a lot of underwhelming experiences at Mediterranean restaurants in the Bay Area. This place is excellent though. Try the sweet potato fries. I'm typically not a fan of sweet potatoes but Oren's sweet potato fries rival normal French fries in terms of deliciousness.
- Oren's Hummus Shop
Things to Do Near Oren's Hummus ShopSee more nearby things to do
Restaurants Near Oren's Hummus ShopSee more nearby restaurants
Aliases: oren hummus shop, hummus palo alto