Trip Plan Details
- North Coast Brewing Company455 N Main St, Fort Bragg, CA 95437recommended North Coast Brewing CompanyNice variety of beers.Recommended for:
- Sundial BridgeSundial Bridge, Redding, CArecommended Sundial BridgeDon't miss the Sundial Bridge in Redding.Recommended for:
- Point Reyes LighthouseSir Francis Drake Blvd, Point Reyes National Seashore, CArecommended Point Reyes LighthouseA lighthouse that you got DOWN 300 stairs to get to - don't miss it.Recommended for:
recommended MendocinoGalleries, restaurants - nice place.Recommended for:
recommended Avenue of the GiantsNice road for a ride under huge redwood trees.Recommended for:
- Drive Thru Tree Park: Toll Gate67402 Drive Thru Tree Rd, Leggett, CArecommended Drive Thru Tree Park: Toll GateDon't miss the opportunity to drive thru the tree on your bike and have someone take your pictures (I did it with yankale and Ezra 5 years ago on our 3 days trip to Mendocino and Fort Bragg).Recommended for:
- Lost Coast Brewery & Cafe617 4th St, Eureka, CA 95501recommended Lost Coast Brewery & CafeNice variety of loaclly brewed beers. If you like strong beers (like me) - don't miss their Scotch Ale.Recommended for:
- Sweetwater Spa and Inn44840 Main St, Mendocino, CA 95460recommended Sweetwater Spa and InnSweetwater is a spa and hot tub place AND it's a hotel, right in the center of scenic, cliff-top Mendocino. My husband and I got a room, a little cottage really, with it's own hot tub. After a day of ... read moresea kayaking on the Pacific coast, or hiking in the Pygmy Forest we could hop into the tub, warm up and relax. Some rooms have tubs, but all guests have access to the group tub. You can also get massages and private tub time, a perfect antidote for aches, fog, and chill.Recommended for:Barbara Kossy
This may be just the place to stay after a day on the road.
- Red Lion Hotel Eureka1929 Fourth Street, Eureka, CA 95501
- La Quinta Inn2180 Hilltop Drive, Redding, CA, United States
- Cafe Beaujolais961 Ukiah St, Mendocino, CA 95460recommended Cafe BeaujolaisMmm, risotto. Crab cakes. Corn soup. The menu at Cafe Beaujolais (the top restaurant in the town of Mendocino for coming on to 1000 or so years now) is filled with one amazing item after another.Recommended for:
- Porter Street BBQ of Arcata665 Samoa Blvd, Arcata, CA 95521recommended Porter Street BBQ of ArcataI'm fairly certain they inject just a tiny bit of crack cocaine into every hamburger. As the only barbecue joint in Arcata/Eureka, you might not expect much (Humboldt isn't exactly a bastion of bbq). ... read moreBut they have a secret spice mix that is ridiculously good. They also have pulled pork and the like, but man, those burgers ...Recommended for:Alex L
If you head further north into Arcata, I think you'd love this place.
- Samoa Cookhouse445 W Washington St, Eureka, CA 95501recommended Samoa CookhouseDon't look for anything fancy here. Begun as a dining hall for loggers, the cookhouse now feeds huge portions to locals and tourists. Sure, it's not the best food in the world, but it is an ... read moreexperience.Recommended for:
- Restaurant 301301 L St, Eureka, CA 95501recommended Restaurant 301I love the North Coast. I love all of the artists and dreamers and creative types who do things like open restaurants with 3800 bottles of wine (they even make their own) and serve dishes like ... read morecoffee-encrusted salmon. The restaurant is located in the Carter House Inn, a top place to stay in Eureka.Recommended for:Alex L
This is not only one of the best restaurants in Eureka, I think it's one of the best in CA. Amazing food, beautiful setting.