Trip Plan Details
- Alpine Meadows Ski Resort2600 Alpine Meadows Rd, Alpine Meadows, CArecommended Alpine Meadows Ski ResortI like Alpine Meadows. many runs for all levels, including blacks and double black diamonds on the backside. Unlike Squaw or Northstar, there is no village. this is a both a con and a pro - if you are ... read morejust interested in the skiing, Alpine is not as crowded as the other two.Recommended for:
- Sage Room Steak HouseUs-50 & Stateline Ave, Stateline, NV 89449
- Lanza's RestaurantKings Beach, CA 96143recommended Lanza's RestaurantTotally old-school Italian-American dinner house. This is not haute, high-falutin' pasta and secondi. This is your grandmother's manicotti, garlic bread weighed down by ooey-gooey cheese, and tennis ... read moreball-sized meatballs. There's almost always a long wait, so show up early or hang at the tiny bar.Recommended for:Family TravelersSara Benson
On the north shore, near Kings Beach. Perfect for filling up after a long day of skiing or hiking.
- Lone Eagle Grille111 Country Club Dr, Incline Village, NV 89451recommended Lone Eagle GrilleSure, it's the Hyatt Regency resort. And yeah, the crowd is not the youngest or hippest in Tahoe, not by a long shot. But the fireplace lounge at the Lone Eagle is an excellent place to gather a crowd ... read morefor cocktails year-round. In summer, time your visit for killer margaritas at sunset by the lakeside.Recommended for:Luxury TravelersSara Benson
I normally don't like chain resort hotels or their bars & restaurants, but this one has something special.
recommended Incline VillageThe CA-NV state line at Lake Tahoe is a fun place to be. Don't miss the Stateline Fire Lookout hike that's right there on the CA side.Recommended for:Michael Connolly Jr
I hiked up to the Stateline Fire Lookout years ago, it's a short-but-rewarding hike. It starts off a road that's right near the state line itself at Incline Village, though the hike is on the CA side.recommended Incline VillageI like this location on the North side. Classy and good access to the area.Recommended for:
- Womack's Texas Style Bar-B-Q4041 Lake Tahoe Blvd, South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150recommended Womack's Texas Style Bar-B-QIf you are staying near South Lake, I love this place for BBQ!Recommended for:
recommended Squaw Valley (Olympic Valley)Squaw is the best ski resort in my mind, with Northstar as a close second. There is good food (try the European Hot Dog in one of the booths), a fun atmosphere and great skiing.Recommended for:Eran Wagner
Let me know when you're going, I might join you...
- The Naked Fish Sushi Restaurant3940 Lake Tahoe Blvd, Unit 3, South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150recommended The Naked Fish Sushi RestaurantBest sushi in Tahoe! Be sure to sit at the sushi bar. If you're feeling brave, the Japanese sushi chefs will concoct a mini tasting menu if you tell them what you like in general. From traditional ... read moremaguro to fancy Americanized rolls (think mango and macadamia nut), Naked Fish covers the gamut of tastes.Recommended for:Alex L
A great spot for lunch or dinner!
recommended Lake TahoeThere are a bunch of fun restaurants and bars in Truckee. My two favorites are Moodys and Dragonfly.Recommended for:
- Northstar-at-Tahoe100 Northstar Drive, Truckee, CA 96161-4203
- Squaw Valley USA Ski Resort1960 Squaw Valley Road, Olympic Valley, CA 96146
- Kirkwood Mountain Resort501 Kirkwood Meadows Drive, Kirkwood, California