Trip Plan Details
- Palm Springs Aerial Tramway1 Tramway Road, Palm Springs, CA 92262-1827recommended Palm Springs Aerial TramwayI haven't been but have friends who went and enjoyed it.Recommended for:recommended Palm Springs Aerial TramwayThe aerial tram is a little bit nerve-wracking if you're afraid of heights, but getting up to the top is so worth it. Being surrounded by pine trees and snow when it's warm down on the desert floor is ... read morereally amazing and completely worth it!Recommended for:Becky M.
I saw you already added this to your itinerary, but I wanted to confirm that it's definitely a fun activity!
- The Living Desert / Southern California Zoo & Botanical Gardens47900 Portola Avenue, Palm Desert, CArecommended The Living Desert / Southern California Zoo & Botanical GardensRecommended for:
- The Falls Prime Steakhouse - Palm Springs155 South Palm Canyon Drive, Palm Springs, CA, United Statesrecommended The Falls Prime Steakhouse - Palm SpringsVery retro. Loved The Falls Restaurant in Palm Springs. Dry ice makes billowing smoke come out of your martini.Recommended for:PatMeierJohnson
If you weekend still allows for dinner in Palm Springs, make it The Falls Restaurant. Yummy steak!
- Sherman's Deli & Bakery401 E Tahquitz Canyon Way, Palm Springs, CA 92262
- Palm Springs Art Museum101 North Museum Drive, Palm Springs, CA, United Statesrecommended Palm Springs Art MuseumUnexpectedly wonderful, airy, diverse. A real treat during any stay in Palm Springs.Recommended for:
- Newport Landing Whale Watching309 Palm Street, Newport Beach, CA 92661-1214recommended Newport Landing Whale WatchingSouthern California Whale Watching? Need I say more?Recommended for:
- Shields Date Garden80225 US Highway 111, Indio, CA 92201recommended Shields Date GardenThis is an odd place, about 30 minutes drive from Palm Springs... This place hasn't changed since it's opened some time in the 1950's. But if you like dates (I mean, fruit) you would really have fun ... read moretime here - you get to try many different dates until your lips stick together from all the sweetness that you tasted... Don't miss the movie that they show at this outdated theater - it's about sex life of the dates.Recommended for:Elvira Vanag
Hey, this is something unusual...
- Big Morongo Canyon PreserveTwentynine Palms-Morongo Valley, Californiarecommended Big Morongo Canyon PreserveThis real-life desert oasis sits on a fault line that created the canyon, and the channel for the water running through it. The 31,000 acres has a variety of habitats from desert to riparian. It's a ... read moretop spot for birdwatchers and is home to leaf-nosed bats, black bears, kangaroo rats, 3 species of quail, brown pelicans, hawks, and hosts of migrating species. I went on an early-morning bird walk lead by talented volunteers and enjoyed views of a red-tailed hawk's nest, lots of hummingbirds, and oriole nests. One of the 6 trails is wheelchair accessible, and the website features a virtual trail tour.Barbara Kossy
Not far from Palm Springs, or Joshua Tree.
- Hearst Castle750 Hearst Castle Road, San Simeon, CArecommended Hearst CastleMy friends and I stopped by Hearst Castle before heading down to Palm Springs. Hearst Castle was amazing! Definitely worth the time to take that tour!Recommended for:
- Palm Springs Air Museum745 North Gene Autry Trail Palm Springs, CA 92262
- Indian Canyons38500 South Palm Canyon Drive, Palm Springs, CA 92264-9332
- Joshua Tree National Park74485 National Park Drive, Twentynine Palms, California, United States
- Cabazon Dinosaurs50770 Seminole Drrecommended Cabazon DinosaursInteresting landmark if you happen to be in the area. Probably not worth going unless you're on your way to the Outlet stores but cool to check out and take some pictures.Recommended for:
- YSL Desert Hills Premium Outlets48650 Seminole Dr # 222, Cabazon, CA 92230-2118, United Statesrecommended YSL Desert Hills Premium OutletsGood outlet shopping 20-30 minutes from Palm Springs.Recommended for: