Throbberlarge
The monkeys are working hard ...You are seconds away from an amazing list!
Stephen Bugno
Created byStephen Bugno
traveler, blogger, writer, photographer

Outdoor Hong Kong

Featured Guide
The best of Outdoor Hong Kong

Shau Kei Wan Market

Excellent local outdoor market with lots of fresh fish, meat, fruit and vegitables.

JW Marriott Hotel Hong Kong

OK. So this is not the type of place I normally stay, but my brother invited me here when we went to Hong Kong. It is totally awesome. Great views out onto Hong Kong and its skyline. Fantastic service. Great food.

Dragons Back

An excellent hike with some spectacular views of the southern Hong Kong coastline.

Star Ferry

A very fun and cheep way to get some good views of Hong Kong Island. Also a practical way to get to Kowloon!

Victoria Peak

It takes a little bit of effort to climb up (if you don't want to take the Peak Tram) but it is definitely worth it. The view out over Hong Kong's classic skyline are unforgettable. There are more walking opportunities (with views) once you reach the Peak....

Mid-levels Escalator

The Mid-levels escalators are fun considering they are a novelty. Where else in the world can ride so long and far on outdoor elevators? I made a video about my ride you can watch on vimeo: https://vimeo.com/36641543

Big Buddha

A gigantic Buddha near the top of a mountain. some nice walks up there as well. A popular stop for tourists coming to Hong Kong.

Ngong Ping 360

A terrifyingly high cable car ride taking you over Lantau island from the MTR station up to the gigantic Buddha. There are several long hiking paths up as well, but it would probably take you the better part of a day. The journey by Ngong Ping 360 is spectacular....

A Symphony of Lights

I'm not super into light shows, but this was pretty cool, and I'm glad I saw it once. And it's free. Fun thing to do at night. Bring a tripod to photograph.

Happy Valley Racecourse

A night at Happy Valley Racecourse is a fun night out and a chance to experience a mixture of intense male Hong Kongers gambling and young expats mingling and enjoying the food, beer, and horse races.