Pacific Resort Aitutaki
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 98%Luxury Travelers
Member Reviews (1)
- Pacific Resort AitutakiMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsFoodies+ 4First to ReviewJul 04, 2012
Aitutaki is an incredible island and the resort is located on one of the more beautiful beaches. My partner and I have traveled to a few locations in the South Pacific and the Cooks are now our favorite. This is French Polynesia without the attitude. The people throughout the Cooks and at this resort are absolutely delightful.
Highlights of the resort:
- spectacular setting / beachfront
- wonderful staff. very friendly 5 star service
- lovely rooms that are locally inspired but with modern amenities. bungalows are very private and are tucked away into the landscape
- diverse menu that is consistently good
- whale watching from the deck of the hotel restaurant during September / October
- lovely sunsets since the resort faces West
If you decide to stay at this resort, there are a few things to keep in mind that may be disappointing for some people.
- the pace of things on the island is a bit slower and service levels at the property are, for the most part, in line with what you would find at a Four Seasons or Ritz; however, it is a little more relaxed and isn't always as fast as it would be in a city
- this isn't a discount destination. the remote nature of the Cooks means that things are more expensive. The Pacific Resort Aitutaki is pricey in comparison to many alternatives on the island but is similar to the cost of a Four Seasons or Ritz in another location and you get what you pay for
- the beach at this property may not be for everyone. this isn't a good swimming beach. water is often very shallow and the sea bed has a lot of coral and sea cucumbers. there are also stone fish in the water which means you need to wear reef shoes (provided by the hotel)
The Pacific Resort is not on the lagoon but we felt that the beach was more lovely because of the variations in color due to the rough sea bed and shallowness of the water. The lagoon side is probably a better choice if you want to spend most of your time in the water.
A few other notes on the destination:
- if you want to do a lagoon cruise, try to reserve in advance and give yourself a few potential days for cruising. if boats don't fill, they don't go. as a result, there is no guarantee that you can go on the day of your choosing. we waited until our last day and couldn't do the cruise because none of the boats were running that day
- humpback whale season is an amazing time to visit. we could see the whales from the hotel restaurant every day (though at a distance). we were also very lucky to see them up close while scuba diving
- there are mosquitoes. the Pacific Resort provides complementary all-natural repellent. you'll need it once the sun starts to set
Outstanding!25 reviews across the web.
- BeachWonderful beach. 100% of the guests loved it.
- LocationTerrific location. 100% of the guests loved it.
- Room100% thought the view was good.
- Service100% found the staff to be very friendly.
- HotelHotel is great. Appreciated by 88% of guests.
- FoodTasty food. 73% of guests gave positive comments.
This Aitutaki property has a private beach. Dining options at Pacific Resort Aitutaki include a restaurant and a bar/lounge. Room service is available during limited hours. A complimentary breakfast is served daily. Recreational amenities include an outdoor pool, a health club, and a spa tub. The property's full service health spa has massage/treatment rooms and beauty services. The property has a complimentary airport shuttle (available on request). Business services, wedding services, concierge services, and tour assistance are available. Guest parking is complimentary. Additional property amenities include a poolside bar, a coffee shop/café, and gift shops/newsstands.
There are 27 guestrooms at Pacific Resort Aitutaki. Guestrooms are all accessible via exterior corridors. Balconies offer sea views. Beds come with pillowtop mattresses. Refrigerators, coffee/tea makers, and minibars are offered. Bathrooms feature showers with handheld showerheads. They also offer bidets, designer toiletries, and bathrobes. Wireless Internet access is available for a surcharge; guestrooms also offer direct dial phones, CD players, and in room safes. Televisions have satellite channels, free movie channels, and DVD players. Air conditioned rooms also include desks, ceiling fans, blackout drapes/curtains, and welcome amenities. Guests may request a turndown service and wake up calls. Housekeeping is available. Cribs (infant beds) and rollaway beds are available on request. Guestrooms are all non smoking.
Additional fees and deposits may be charged by the property at time of service, check in, or check out.