About Paia Fish Market Restaurant:
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 81%Budget Travelers
- 70%Family Travelers
- 63%Outdoor Enthusiasts
- 63%Adventure Travelers
- 57%Local Culture
User Reviews (32 Reviews)
- Paia Fish Market RestaurantMember ofWellnessLocal CultureOutdoor Enthusiasts+ 11Sep 16, 2013
I just had to update my review as I've learned that their fish is not fresh. I do love the Paia Fish Market, however. The food is flavorful, portions are large, and its inexpensive compare to other options. Many entrees are large enough to split. I heard the fish used to be fresh but its not anymore due to the large volume they have to keep up with. This spot is very popular. It's family style seating and sometimes there will be a large line when you walk in. Don't worry...the line moves fast and by the time your food is ready a seat will be open for you. I love the garden salad with cajun style mahi. You can ask them to make any fish cajun style.
- Paia Fish Market RestaurantCommunity ManagerMember ofWellnessLocal CultureOutdoor Enthusiasts+ 8Sep 10, 2013
I went to Pa’ia and ate dinner at the Fresh Fish Market Restaurant recommended by Lee. Ordered the Obama Burger special, ono fish burger with wasabi butter and coleslaw…mmm.
- Paia Fish Market RestaurantMember ofWellnessLocal CultureOutdoor Enthusiasts+ 5Jul 10, 2013
The fish here completely lives up to the tour guide books BUT beware it can get REALLY hot inside in the summer at lunchtime. Getting it to go and maybe eating somewhere outside in the shade would be the way to do it.
- Paia Fish Market RestaurantCommunity ManagerMember ofWellnessLocal CultureOutdoor Enthusiasts+ 4Aug 08, 2012
This place is delish! Since 1989, its reasonably priced, high quality, large portions of seafood have been a hit on Maui. They are also known for their "line to the door"... don't worry - it's worth the wait! (p.s. They also serve chicken and beef.)
Try the fish quesadilla or fajitas!
- Paia Fish Market RestaurantMember ofLocal CultureBudget TravelersFoodies+ 3Feb 27, 2014
Good not great. Good place to eat, I do recommend as it's a fun place to grab a bite in paia. Crowded for sure, but lines go fast. Fish taco was not best I've had but my husbands fish and chips were excellent. Good for a little tourist spot.
- Paia Fish Market RestaurantMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsFamily Travelers+ 1Dec 19, 2013
Great walk in style fish house. Local favorite. Come up to north shore to see the surf and big waves and have lunch or dinner here. Casual, picnic table style. But the food is terrific!
- Paia Fish Market RestaurantMember ofOutdoor EnthusiastsFamily TravelersFoodies+ 2Sep 25, 2013
My favorite place to eat in Maui. The fish market is a bit of a dive - it is small, usually crowded, has no table service, and makes you sit on benches at long tables you share with other diners. So why bother? The fish burgers. These are not really burgers - its fresh Mahi Mahi, Ono or other Pacific delihts, grilled and served on a bun with a variety of toppings and fries on the side. Eat here once and you will want to return again and again. They also have great fish tacos, but the burgers are the best.