Palais de Chine
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to? Join now
- 98%Art & Design Lovers
- 98%Luxury Travelers
- 98%Local Culture
Member Reviews (4)Write a review
- Palais de ChineOct 27, 2013
The Palais de Chine is in a wonderful location in central Taipei, with lots of shopping, from department stores to small local shops, nearby. It’s in the same building as the Qsquare shopping mall and the Taipei bus transfer station, so you have shopping, a movie theater, and quick access to anywhere on the island right at your fingertips. The design has kind of a minimalist French neo-classicism feel, with wooden interiors and dim lighting throughout the hotel. The bathrooms are nice, and I liked the large oval bathtubs. The service was exceptionally efficient and quick. And the food is something to look forward to. There’s an outdoor burger bar which is a little bit pricey, but nothing beats eating burgers on a patio in the shade.Recommended for:
- Palais de ChineJul 22, 2012
The interior design and atmosphere of the Palais de Chine is kind of awkward, like they wanted to do something different but tried too hard, and ended up coming off kind of pretentious. The interior is very dark, and there’s lots of creepy statues (starting with the first one you see of a giant horse). It’s like a scene out of a ghost movie. The food isn’t bad. Le Palais, which has Cantonese-style seafood and dimsum is my favorite. The atmosphere is just not very approachable, not very friendly, but the location, staff, and service are all very good. Rooms are pretty but feel cold and lack that personal touch. I did like the oval bathtubs though. Maybe the interior design is just an acquired taste. It felt like a large hotel trying to masquerade as a boutique.
Dining options at Palais de Chine Hotel include 2 restaurants. Room service is available 24 hours a day. Recreational amenities include an outdoor pool and a fitness facility. This 4.0 star property has a 24 hour business center and offers small meeting rooms, secretarial services, and limo/town car service. Wireless and wired high speed Internet access is available in public areas (surcharges apply). This Taipei property has event space consisting of banquet facilities, conference/meeting rooms, and a ballroom. Business services, wedding services, concierge services, and tour/ticket assistance are available. Guest parking is complimentary. Additional property amenities include a coffee shop/café, valet parking, and multilingual staff. This is a smoke free property.
Notifications and Fees:
- All guests staying in hotel guestrooms must be registered with the hotel.
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check in, or check out.
- High speed Internet (wired) in business center: TWD 150 (for 15 minutes, rates may vary)
- Wireless Internet in public areas: TWD 150 2 (rates may vary)
- In room high speed Internet (wired): TWD 600 24 (rates may vary)
- In room wireless Internet: TWD 600 24 (rates may vary)
- Buffet breakfast: TWD 660 per person (approximate amount)
- Rollaway bed: TWD 1650 per night
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Fitness Center
- Room Service
- Data Ports
- TV In Room
- Hair Dryer
- Air Conditioning
- Electronic Room Keys
- Meeting Rooms
- In-House Dining
- Coffee & Tea Maker
- Mini Bar In Room
- Handicap Accessible
Excellent!943 reviews across the web.
- Guests say the hotel is perfect for a romantic getaway.
- Guests recommend this as a luxury hotel.
- Restaurant100% loved the dining experience.
- Service95% found the staff to be very friendly.
- Location94% liked the proximity to shopping.
- Ambiance88% enjoyed the friendly atmosphere.
- Hotel86% thought it was clean.
- Hotel BuildingBuilding is pleasant.