Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 98%Local Culture
- 98%Outdoor Enthusiasts
- 98%Family Travelers
- 51%Budget Travelers
Member Reviews (2)
- Papaya PlayaMember ofLocal CultureFoodiesLuxury TravelersFirst to ReviewDec 20, 2012
You’ve heard of pop-up shops and restaurants. Now meet the pop-up hotel, developed by the Berlin-based Design Hotels brand. Papaya Playa’s 99 thatched-roof cabanas are outfitted with local textiles and hammocks and attract visiting artists, designers, and DJs. They collaborate at a beach amphitheater, spin at Mayan full moon parties, and share freshly baked bread from the clay oven.
Cost: From $50 for bunk beds and a shared bathroom; from $75 for queen-bed casitas with private bathrooms.
Don’t Miss: The entire hotel. It’s scheduled to be open until May 2012, with a possibility for an extension. But we wouldn’t take our chances.
Mediocre43 reviews across the web.
- BeachWonderful beach. 100% of guests enjoyed it.
- ServiceWorld class service. 100% of the guests loved it.
- Ambiance100% were fond of the entertainment options.
- Hotel BuildingWonderful building. 100% of guests enjoyed it.
- FoodFood is to die for. Highly appreciated by 91% of guests.
- LocationLocation is great. Appreciated by 86% of guests.
This Tulum property has a private beach. Dining options at Papaya Playa include a restaurant and a bar/lounge. Complimentary wireless and wired high speed Internet access is available in public areas. Wedding services, concierge services, tour/ticket assistance, and translation services are available. Guest parking is complimentary. Additional property amenities include multilingual staff and currency exchange. Extended parking privileges may be offered to guests after check out (surcharge). This is a smoke free property. A total renovation of this property was completed in December 2009.
There are 60 guestrooms at Papaya Playa. Balconies offer ocean or sea views. Rooms are individually decorated and furnished. Bathrooms feature showers and bathrobes. Rooms also include ceiling fans. Housekeeping is available. Guestroom renovations were completed in December 2009.
- Minimum Spring Break check in age: 18 years old
- There are no room charges for children 12 years old and younger who occupy the same room as their parents or guardians, using existing bedding.