Restaurants for History Buffs in Paris, France

1,848 Results
filtered byHistoryX
  • Recommended for You

Les Deux Magots

Not only does it have an incredible history as the old hangout of figures like Picasso and Hemingway, but the entire experience is memorable. The food was among the best I've had Paris, especially the desserts! Guaranteed to be a meal you won't soon forget.

Popular withLocalFoodiesHistory

Le Bouillon Chartier

This is an incredible restaurant. It was founded in 1896, and ever since it has been serving classic French food with very reasonable prices. Appetizers begin from couple of euros while main courses vary between 8-13 euros. The dining room is large and noisy, but very true to its turn of the century style.

Popular withHistoryBudgetLocal

Café de Flore

We enjoyed good, simple food for lunch but rather expensive.

Popular withLuxuryDesignHistory

Angelina

Skip breakfast—hell, skip lunch—and save every calorie for the decadently thick, not-too-sweet hot chocolate at this ornate 1903 teahouse, an erstwhile haunt of Coco Chanel.

Popular withFoodiesLuxuryLocal

Eiffel Tower

Does one really review the Eiffel Tower?? All I can say is that my first look at the Tower was when it was shimmering at night (every hour or so), and it was breathtaking. So much more powerful at night.

Popular withHistoryDesignLocal

Train Bleu (Le)

This is an historical restaurant located into "Gare de Lyon". It's not cheap, but if you really want to smell the "Old Paris" air, you should visit it. Check its website, there are plenty of photos, infos etc.

Popular withLuxuryHistory

La Tour d'Argent

This restaurant, famous for it's history and panoramic view over Notre Dame and the Seine, is nearby and an easy walk.

Popular withLuxuryFoodiesHistory

Le Saint Régis

This lovely little bistro on the Ile Saint-Louis is certainly on the tourist path but with such classic decor and prime placement, hard not to fall absolutely in love with it. The terrace seats are a great place to watch the sunset while enjoying a sip of champagne.

Popular withLocalFoodiesHistory

Le Cafe Marly

Yes, this place is expensive, but I find that enjoying a coffee or glass of wine on the terrace facing the Louvre in all its splendor is worth every penny. The interior is also really beautiful and the waiters/waitresses all look like models! I've never eaten here, so I can't comment on the food, apart from the fact that the ...

Popular withDesignLuxuryHistory

Cafe Procope

Le Procope, the oldest continuously operated restaurant of Paris, oozes revolutionary-era charm. I love the sense of history, and the decor. A one-of-a-kind place.

Popular withHistory

La Rotonde

La Rotonde has been around since 1911, and sits on top of Vavin metro. Hemingway mentions La Rotonde and its neighbor across the street, La Dome, as cafes that people who wished "to be seen publicly" went (in other words he did not approve of them). But many other authors did - good food, lush seating inside and a beyond-peripheral-sight ...

Popular withHistory

Brasserie Printemps

If you need to get your fill of parisian shopping at Le Printemps, the Brasserie on the top floor is the perfect place to stop and get lunch or a snack. Sure, you'll find mostly tourists up there, but the place is strangely almost never packed (perhaps few dare to venture all the way to the top of the 7 ...

Popular withDesignLuxuryHistory

Coupole (La)

La Coupole is an old establishment of the 14th arrondissement. Opened in 1927, La Coupole has had quite a storied history with Ernest Hemingway, Marlene Dietrich, and Ava Gardner as frequent attendees. The food is old school french and tastes delicious.

Popular withFoodiesHistory

Ladurée

Laduree Patisserie is a popular chain in Paris that is probably most famous for its macarons. The Laduree on Champs-Elysee is the one to visit, and not just to pick up a few snacks to eat on the go, but to actually sit in its beautiful garden like dining to indulgence in both bistro fare and sweets.

Popular withFoodiesLuxuryLocal

Berthillon

When I think "gelato" I didn't think "Paris," not until we stopped in for a scoop of dark chocolate. I had my cone in hand, but just had to stop walking so I could truly appreciate the creamy, rich, resonant flavors. There may be a line, but it's totally worth the wait.

Popular withFoodiesLocalFamilies

Le Relais de l'Entrecôte

Come here with an appetite (for steak frites) - and early. When I went, the doors opened at 7:00PM. I walked up at 7:04 and there was a line out the door of people waiting to be seated. The only thing you can technically order is your drink. CASH ONLY if I remember correctly.

Popular withFoodiesLocalTrendsters

Maison Georges Larnicol

The macarons are simply divine. One of the best dessert shops in Paris.

Popular withFoodiesLocalDesign

Pierre Hermé

There are several Pierre Herme stores in Paris. Some may argue that the original store in the Saint-Germain des Prés area should be THE one to visit. For me, there is something to be said about admiring (and eating of course) beautifully and deliciously created macrons AND macrons bonbons...and then stroll down the street to see the most beautiful store ...

Popular withLuxuryFoodiesTrendsters

L'As Du Fallafel

I had my first fallafel here and it was delicious. Totally recommend it. Pretty popular place in the Marais area. I highly recommend getting your fallafel to go. The place is pretty small and always busy- hmm...I wonder why?! :)

Popular withFoodiesBudgetVegetarian

Frenchie

We went last October for my 40th birthday and getting a reservation here was an adventure. Calling was near impossible from the states. I finally gave up when my husband booked a business trip to Paris 4 months before our vacation and said he'd walk in and make the reservation. Now I believe you can reserve online. It was a ...

Popular withFoodiesBudget