Things to do in Paris

Filter attractions by: Category
Map view
1,466 Results

Eiffel Tower

When I think of Paris, I picture the Eiffel Tower in my head. I've been lucky enough to visit Paris twice and each time I've been drawn to visit this iconic landmark. The first time I went, I did the touristy things. Took the elevator up and enjoyed the view from the top. And what a view it is. Priceless. ...

Louvre Museum

Absolutely one of those must see before you die places. I mean, what can one really write about the Louvre? Go for yourself, see the Mona Lisa, judge the architectural appropriateness of the glass pyramid, and enjoy the art.

Notre Dame Cathedral

Beautiful. Lines long but move fast! Very crowded inside. Gift shop lacking for memorable items to bring home.

Arc de Triomphe

Also much bigger than I had imagined! It was great to see the arch all dressed up with a massive French flag for the Tour de France!

Avenue des Champs-Élysees

No finer place to shop or window shop. Stroll the avenue enjoying the sights and people watching opportunities.

Popular withLuxuryLocalDesign

Seine

The Seine river edge makes a great place to walk, especially at sunrise or sunset when the light is low and makes the rock/brick banks glow.

Popular withLocalOutdoorHistory

Basilique du Sacre-Coeur

I'm not sure how but the basilica managed to escape us while we were planning our trip. With a morning in Paris to kill, we thumbed through our guidebook and found this so headed on up. We were unaware of how many stairs there were. Also, we definitely approached from a side of the church, not from the front, which ...

Disneyland Paris

Disneyland is located 30 km outside Paris, but it is easily reached with RER line A. The main attraction is the Disneyland Park, with numerous attractions and rides for both kids and fun-loving adults. There is also Walt Disney Studios Park, that is themed after movies and movie production. There are lots of dining options and some stores at the ...

Popular withFamiliesAdventure

Musee d'Orsay

Saw the Van Gogh and Artaud exhibit which was great! I also loved the impressionists collection. Same advice as everyone, go early if you want to beat the crowds.

Popular withDesignHistoryLocal

Montmartre

Historically Monmartre is the most radical neighborhood in the most revolutionary city in Europe. After the liquidation of the Paris Commune in 1871 thousands were shot. Sacre Coeur was built here in the aftermath as a symbol of conservative triumph. Today this hilly district is known for its nightlife.

Popular withLocalDesignHistory

Jardin du Luxembourg

This gorgeous spot is a nice green break from the city with glimpses of the Eiffel Tower and senate to boot.

Popular withFamiliesHistoryOutdoor

Moulin Rouge

While the Moulin Rouge itself is somewhat pricey and packed with tourists, it is also a very historical spot. Take a walk by to see the famous facade, but be advised that it is not on a family-friendly street.

Popular withLocalHistoryNightlife

Quartier Latin

I actually didn't make it here until maybe my 4th time in Paris. When I stumbled upon the Latin Quarter I found myself mesmerized by the lights and sounds. It is quintessentially Paris with the vintage feel that you see in movies. Stroll over to a bistro and be French, if only for the evening.

Popular withLocalFoodiesBudget

Place de la Concorde

A landmark in a very unique part of Paris. If you make it to this spot look around and enjoy a cocktail at the Ritz.

Jardin des Tuileries

Another one of the gardens that Paris has to offer, and is always great in good weather. Very well kept, like many of the other gardens, and is a joy to stroll through.

Popular withDesignFamiliesOutdoor

Centre Georges Pompidou

One of Paris' most famous museums and exhibition sites. Modern art galore, and a wonderful view of the city....

Popular withDesignLocalStudents

Sainte Chapelle

The most beautiful church in all of Paris. I once waited outside for an hour to get a chance to see St Chapelle and it was worth every minute of that wait!

Popular withDesignHistoryLocal

Palais Garnier - Paris Opera

It was originally called the Salle des Capucines. The Palais Garnier is "probably the most famous opera house in the world, a symbol of Paris

Popular withLocalDesignHistory

Parc du Champs de Mars

Get a real great view of this upon the Eiffel tower, and you can get many fantastic pictures of the Eiffel tower, and can be a really good back drop too.

Popular withLocalDesignOutdoor

Les Galeries Lafayette

Galeries Lafayette is a beautiful shopping center that is filled with many high end stores. I was most impressed by the gorgeous dome ceiling made of stained glass. This alone is a sight to see. For the most part, merchandises are highly priced. However, if you just wait for the right time the entire city goes on sale in the ...

Popular withLuxuryDesignLocal