Park South Hotel
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to? Join now
- 98%Budget Travelers
Member Reviews (1)Write a review
- Park South HotelMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsFoodiesAdventure TravelersFirst to ReviewOct 18, 2013
When I walked into the Park South Hotel, I suddenly felt very...old. Carmen McRae was singing softly in the background, and the restaurant's candlelit tables and polished wood bar made it look more like a very classy pub than a hip restaurant. The rooms are decently sized, but they are dimly lit. There are no overhead lights—only desk and wall lamps, and the TV is a very small, mounted wall unit.The bathroom feels sterile with its granite countertop and cramped quarters. For the price and location, this place is a pretty good value for short-term guests who won't spend much time in their rooms, but it's definitely not the type of hotel for pampering and relaxing. However, the premium rooms are a bit more spacious and brightly lit. It might be worth it to upgrade.Recommended for:
Very Good!1857 reviews across the web.
- This is a wonderful boutique hotel, as guests say.
- Guests say the hotel is perfect for a romantic getaway.
- Service98% found the staff to be very friendly.
- LocationNear to public transport, according to 97%.
- PriceExcellent value for money, said 92%.
- Food90% found the breakfast to be wonderful.
- Hotel85% thought it was clean.
- RoomFor only 68%, the bathroom was ok.
Dining options at Park South Hotel include a restaurant and a bar/lounge. Room service is available during limited hours. A complimentary breakfast is served daily. Recreational amenities include a fitness facility. This 3.0 star property
There are 141 guest rooms at Park South Hotel. Beds come with pillowtop mattresses and premium bedding. Bathrooms feature shower/tub combinations, designer toiletries, bathrobes, and hair dryers. In addition to complimentary weekday newspapers, guest rooms offer multi line phones with voice mail. Televisions have pay movies. Air conditioned rooms also include desks, minibars, blackout drapes/curtains, and electronic/magnetic keys. Guests may request hypoallergenic bedding and wake-up calls. A nightly turndown service and housekeeping are available. Cribs (infant beds) are available on request. Complimentary continental breakfast is offered in the hotel restaurant.
- There are no room charges for children 15 years old and younger who occupy the same room as their parents or guardians, using existing bedding.
- Business Center
- Fitness Center
- Room Service
- Free Hi Speed Internet
- Data Ports
- TV In Room
- Hair Dryer
- Air Conditioning
- Electronic Room Keys
- In-House Bar
- Meeting Rooms
- Clothing Iron
- In-House Dining
- Wake Up Service
- Family Rooms
- Mini Bar In Room