- Frank407 Colorado Street, Austin, TXrecommended FrankSolid place for hot dogs of all sorts, including several veggie options. Their waffle fries are A+ and the prices are good. I had the Portobello Mushroom Cheesesteak and it was excellent. They love ... read moretheir bacon, so it's in nearly everything! If you're vegetarian, make sure to ask about the bacon!
- Alamo Drafthouse Austin: Downtown320 East 6th Street, Austin, TX, United Statesrecommended Alamo Drafthouse Austin: DowntownLovely little theater with decent enough food, comfy seats, and reasonable prices. It's a great place for a date!
- Amy's Ice Creams10000 Research Boulevard #140, Austin, TX, United Statesrecommended Amy's Ice CreamsExtremely cute little ice cream place! Amy's is a chain in Austin and it's good local ice cream. I went for a simple "white chocolate" ice cream with hot fudge, and I was impressed with the texture. ... read moreMy (now ex-)boyfriend had the "pumpkin pie" ice cream blended into a milkshake, and it was REALLY good and it REALLY tasted like pumpkin pie. Their products are a bit high, though; the milkshake and a small ice cream with hot fudge was over $10. Worth it for the experience of trying their local ice cream! They also have a vintage photo-booth, but my boyfriend was stubborn and wouldn't take photos with me! Boo! Bring $3 for the booth if you have a willing friend.
- BookPeople603 North Lamar Boulevard, Austin, TX 78703recommended BookPeopleVery nice bookstore in Austin! I think I like it so much because aside from their great selection of books, they also have fun gifts strewn about the store.
- Home Slice Pizza1415 S Congress Ave, Austin, TX 78704recommended Home Slice PizzaI didn't eat the pizza, but I ordered a house salad and the garlic knots, which were delicious. It's weird that I liked the salad so much, because it was very simple, but I always end up loving salads ... read moreserved in pizza places. Also, my (now ex-)boyfriend loved his meatball and eggplant pizza. Edit 1/6/2011: I went to Home Slice again in December and ordered a calzone. Fantastic! My rating has changed from four stars to a solid five.