Paseo

4225 Fremont Ave N, Seattle, WA 98103

Donna H
    5 Apr 02, 2014

best cuban sandwich.. sauce is amazing. line is a little crazy, but I make it a mission to go to Paseo every time I'm in Seattle. Worth it.

Recommended for:Adventure TravelersBudget TravelersFoodies
    Yulree Chun "@GogobotLA"
    5 Nov 10, 2012

One of the BEST sandwiches I've ever had. For reals. I was stuffed before going to Paseo and I still ate the whole thing AND asked for more. I got the veg version and it was bomb. I can't imagine how their original pulled pork is like.

This place has no sign but it's easy to spot bc it's in a fairly residential area. Not too far from it is downtown Fremont which has a lot of fun, quirky shops.

Connie Pistilli
    4 Aug 07, 2013

The best spot for a Cuban pork sandwich.

The line was probably 15 people deep when I arrived - the queue on the right was for placing orders, the queue on the left was for waiting to pick up orders - but it went at a decent speed, and man oh man, was the wait worth it! The place has about 5 tables, but we managed to snag one as the turnover goes at the same rate as the line. We didn't wait too long for our delicious sammies to come out. I had their most popular Cuban sandwich - the #2 pork shoulder. OMG amazing. I don't have to describe it, just get it. Pork lovers will be in heaven.

The sandwiches are $7.50, and you can also get a variety of other items like plate lunches, but it's all about the sandwiches here. Cash only.

Cindy Chen
    4 Jan 08, 2013

How is it possible that I've never written a review for Paseo?

I loved the days when Paseo was a stone's throw away in Fremont, and we can head on over from Ballard and be there within 10 minutes. I remember we would go get take out from there, bring them back, and eat at home, and the sandwiches are still hot.

I also loved the days when they included corn on every order even the take outs as long as you tell them you wanted them.

Now, I live many more miles away, and can't get Paseo whenever I want. The last time I was there, the place had expanded, and they had stopped serving the side of corn on the cob for free (pay the $1, it's worth it), but the sandwiches are still as good as always.

Steve Baumgartner
    4 Jun 14, 2014

If you're looking for a great sandwich, this is the place to go. The sandwiches are a bit messy to eat, at least I thought so, but that's because they stuff the sandwiches pretty full. We didn't have an issue with long lines when we went, and we were able to find a table in the small shack that is their restaurant without difficulty. I would definitely recommend people visit this restaurant.

Recommended for:BackpackersBudget TravelersFoodiesLocal Culture
    Catherine
    5 Nov 27, 2013

Seriously one of the BEST sandwiches ever! So flavorful with such tender meat. I drool thinking about it. I had to wait about 45 minutes total in line/getting my order but it was well worth it. Try going during odd hours (in between meals) to avoid really long lines, but even if you can't, you should still try it out. Cash only!

Wes Andrews
    5 Oct 04, 2013

Paseo’s is the best sandwich in the city. It’s a little ways up the hill at but it’s worth it. It’s really worth it. They don’t have a sign, but don’t worry, you won’t miss it: just follow the heavenly smell of butter and onions until you see the giant line of customers. Be advised: you may have to wait for an hour. Be further advised: if you want Paseo’s, go for lunch, not dinner, because they generally run out of sandwich bread around 4:00 PM and you’ll have to order the more-expensive entrees. The pork and tofu sandwiches are my personal favorites alongside the shockingly awesome corn on the cob and beet salad.

Recommended for:Budget TravelersFoodiesLocal CultureVegetarian
    Tom D
    5 Aug 22, 2013

Their Cuban pork shoulder sandwich is the best I have ever had, amazing. Cash only, always a line, but it moves fast and well worth the wait.

Joshua Stewart
    5 Jun 03, 2013

1. Get the Caribbean Roast sandwich.
    2. Eat it.
    3. All other sandwiches are now ruined forever.

Laura S
    5 Oct 29, 2012

Pure goodness.

No wonder they were on the Food Network. They were DELICIOUS.

The place opens at 11am. We got there at 10:45am and there was already a line... on a Tuesday morning. It was good.

We were told by our hotel to go here and so we got to Fremont and WALKED there. It was a few blocks and hills and we were like "Is this even worth it?"

Oh... it was.

FOOD:
    I ordered the #2: Caribbean Roast and my fiance got the #1: Cuban sandwich and they were both SO good.
    We got them within 10-15 min.

My Pork sandwich was DELICIOUS. It was just good meat. (That's what she said). It was tender and the sauce gave it a kick. My fiance's pork was soft and was also delicious but mine was SO much better.

The flavor was just great and the texture... perfect. I ate the whole thing in one sitting.

AMBIANCE:
    There are only four tables that seats two to four per table. So VERY limited. Get there early if you want to sit or else you need to do TO GO. Cuz there are not enough seats.

There is only one bathroom. Clean.

Overall:
    Worth the walk.

NOTE: Cash ONLY

Henry Lee
    5 Sep 26, 2012

The only time I'm not craving for a Paseo cuban sandwich is right after I finished one. Even then I kind of still want another one at least to take home.

It's that good.

Go.

Go now.

Why are you still reading this?

Seriously.

Vanessa Gosseen
    5 Aug 15, 2012

mouth watering cuban sandwiches - funky little hold in the wall in Fremont area. You will be licking your hands when you are done from all the amazing sauces etc. Not open all the time, cash only. busy at lunch. Worth every min you wait!

Kyle Higa

There's no sign on the building to indicate the business name so i'm glad I was taken there by a local. If I would have missed out on this sandwich, my Seattle dining experience would never have been complete. I ordered the #1, (grilled pork) and my companion ordered the #2 (the shredded pork) - both of these came highly recommended by my elite yelper insiders so we had to try both of course. The bread was perfectly crusty, and the pork was well-seasoned. I also tried the side salad which came tossed in a light viniagrette with marinated beets and purple cabbage slaw. MMmmmmm. I need to find out if they'll fed-ex this over the Pacific to me.

Cody Delistraty

Head to the Ballard location of this Caribbean sandwich shop where the lines are shorter than the Freeman location, and you're only a short drive from the piers overlooking Puget Sound. The Onion Obsession sandwich ($6.00) filled with caramelized onions sautéed in a garlic tapenade with cilantro is sublime. Seattle Magazine raved about it, saying it “may be the best vegetarian sandwich. Ever.” While it may be the best vegetarian sandwich, in my opinion, owner Lorenzo Lorenzo’s real specialty is the tried-and-true Midnight Cuban Press ($8.50). Stuffed with pork shoulder, lettuce, grilled onions, Swiss cheese, and spicy jalapeños, it’s a sandwich with a cult following rivaling Philippe’s French Dip in Los Angeles and Katz’s Pastrami sandwich in New York. It’s by far the best sandwich, without exception, I’ve ever eaten in Seattle.

You likely won’t be able to find a table at this tiny, popular joint, so I’d recommend ordering an extra sandwich and stocking up on some of their 5-star spicy salsa and tortilla chips. If you have a huge appetite, you won’t want to still be hungry when you get to the beach. With so much delicious food and a beautiful view, you should still be wary: with the amount of meat packed inside the Cuban Press, it can make your car smell like you slaughtered a pig in the back seat. No need to worry though. That smell will just prove to all of your soon-to-be-jealous friends that you ate at Paseo, the best sandwich shack in the Pacific Northwest.

David L.

this is probably the best sandwich i've ever eaten... and i really like to eat. (i haven't been to ike's in SF yet though i hear that has glowing reviews as well). it's located in a small neighborhood in Fremont north of downtown seattle. usually try to get there around when they open to avoid the long lunch lines. the line moves pretty briskly for ordering, though it can take a while (15-20min+) to get your order made. they use a torpedo roll, i believe from Macrina bakery, for their sandwiches. i really like the Cuban Roast and the Midnight cuban press sandwiches. there are quite a few others to chose from. i definitely recommend eating the sandwich on site while it is still piping hot, rather than bringing it home where it may be lukewarm. there are nice fixings including aioli, cilantro, pickled jalepenos, and carmelized onions, but not overwhelming the pork. the midnight cuban press also has sweet banana peppers, and pressed smoked ham and melted cheese. yum. excuse me while i wipe off my drool. my next trip to seattle will definitely include a stop here (and to Top pot doughnuts)...

Angela M
    5 Jun 26, 2013

Best pulled pork sandwich!

Open User
    Fran V.
    4 Apr 23, 2014

960 people visited Paseo

Cheap

Lunch & Dinner Tues.-Sun.

W Seattle