Paseo

4225 Fremont Ave N, Seattle, WA 98103

924 people visited Paseo

Yulree Chun "@GogobotLA"
    5 Nov 10, 2012

One of the BEST sandwiches I've ever had. For reals. I was stuffed before going to Paseo and I still ate the whole thing AND asked for more. I got the veg version and it was bomb. I can't imagine how their original pulled pork is like.

This place has no sign but it's easy to spot bc it's in a fairly residential area. Not too far from it is downtown Fremont which has a lot of fun, quirky shops.

• PaseoPro 2014
    Verlisia
    4 Nov 05, 2013
    Recommended for:Budget TravelersFoodiesStudentsTrendsters
    Steve Baumgartner
    4 Apr 19, 2014

If you're looking for a great sandwich, this is the place to go. The sandwiches are a bit messy to eat, at least I thought so, but that's because they stuff the sandwiches pretty full. We didn't have an issue with long lines when we went, and we were able to find a table in the small shack that is their restaurant without difficulty. I would definitely recommend people visit this restaurant.

Recommended for:BackpackersBudget TravelersFoodiesLocal Culture
    Catherine
    5 Nov 27, 2013

Seriously one of the BEST sandwiches ever! So flavorful with such tender meat. I drool thinking about it. I had to wait about 45 minutes total in line/getting my order but it was well worth it. Try going during odd hours (in between meals) to avoid really long lines, but even if you can't, you should still try it out. Cash only!

Donna H
    5 Apr 02, 2014

best cuban sandwich.. sauce is amazing. line is a little crazy, but I make it a mission to go to Paseo every time I'm in Seattle. Worth it.

Recommended for:Adventure TravelersBudget TravelersFoodies
    Wes Andrews
    5 Oct 04, 2013

Paseo’s is the best sandwich in the city. It’s a little ways up the hill at but it’s worth it. It’s really worth it. They don’t have a sign, but don’t worry, you won’t miss it: just follow the heavenly smell of butter and onions until you see the giant line of customers. Be advised: you may have to wait for an hour. Be further advised: if you want Paseo’s, go for lunch, not dinner, because they generally run out of sandwich bread around 4:00 PM and you’ll have to order the more-expensive entrees. The pork and tofu sandwiches are my personal favorites alongside the shockingly awesome corn on the cob and beet salad.

Recommended for:Budget TravelersFoodiesLocal CultureVegetarian
    Tom D
    5 Aug 22, 2013

Their Cuban pork shoulder sandwich is the best I have ever had, amazing. Cash only, always a line, but it moves fast and well worth the wait.

Connie Pistilli
    4 Aug 07, 2013

The best spot for a Cuban pork sandwich.

The line was probably 15 people deep when I arrived - the queue on the right was for placing orders, the queue on the left was for waiting to pick up orders - but it went at a decent speed, and man oh man, was the wait worth it! The place has about 5 tables, but we managed to snag one as the turnover goes at the same rate as the line. We didn't wait too long for our delicious sammies to come out. I had their most popular Cuban sandwich - the #2 pork shoulder. OMG amazing. I don't have to describe it, just get it. Pork lovers will be in heaven.

The sandwiches are $7.50, and you can also get a variety of other items like plate lunches, but it's all about the sandwiches here. Cash only.

Joshua Stewart
    5 Jun 03, 2013

1. Get the Caribbean Roast sandwich.
    2. Eat it.
    3. All other sandwiches are now ruined forever.

Cindy Chen
    4 Jan 08, 2013

How is it possible that I've never written a review for Paseo?

I loved the days when Paseo was a stone's throw away in Fremont, and we can head on over from Ballard and be there within 10 minutes. I remember we would go get take out from there, bring them back, and eat at home, and the sandwiches are still hot.

I also loved the days when they included corn on every order even the take outs as long as you tell them you wanted them.

Now, I live many more miles away, and can't get Paseo whenever I want. The last time I was there, the place had expanded, and they had stopped serving the side of corn on the cob for free (pay the $1, it's worth it), but the sandwiches are still as good as always.