Patxi's Chicago Pizza

511 Hayes Street, San Francisco, CA 94102

• Patxi's Chicago PizzaPro 2014
    Kevin Chen
    4 Jul 27, 2014

You can expect a 45 minute wait time on the weekends (without a reservation), but that's okay because you can pre-order and by the time you're seated, your pizza will be just about ready to greet your hungry mouths. And you can check in via Yelp to get $1 off on a PBR while you’re waiting to be seated.

Ordered a 12 inch Special deep dish which entailed of garlic-fenneled sausage, green peppers, mushrooms, and yellow onions and after we were seated, our pizza came. The first bite I took seemed a little off, not in the sense that the pizza was bad, but maybe they brought out the wrong order because I didn’t see or taste any vegetables. I looked to the table next to me and immediately knew our order somehow got mixed up. After flagging down our waiter, he confirmed our order indeed got mixed up and offered to box up the incorrect order for us. I’m guessing the incorrect order they gave us was the 10 inch Matt Cain pizza, consisting of sausage and pepperoni.

Our correct order arrived shortly after, and it was oh so delicious; I think one of the better deep dish pizzas in SF…unless anyone else has other recommendations for deep dish pizza in the Bay Area?!? The only gripe I have is it was just smothered in tomato sauce too much for my liking.

Other than that, the food I would give a 4.5, but the service was a little off, ie had to flag down our waiter several times for the bill while he was busy chatting away with the host.

Recommended for:Adventure TravelersFoodies
    Erin K
    4 Oct 20, 2013

Great pizza, long wait.

But - it's worth it. I came here with 4 of my girlfriends and we split three pizzas, which was way more than enough. This is deep dish, remember: a couple slices and you're good to go. I love their sausage and mushroom pizza, and the 4 cheese is stellar as well.

Carly Paoli
    4 Nov 21, 2012

I'm not a huge fan of pizza so all you pizza-lovers can take my review with a grain of salt. When my friend said she wanted to go to Patxi's, I was of course reluctant due to my lack of love for pizza, but this place, I do have to say, is awesome!!! The pizza here is so think and delicious! I was totally full after 2 pieces but luckily they box it up for you to bring home :)

Koji Kawano
    3 Oct 11, 2012

I've been to the Noe Valley restaurant twice so far. Both times the Chicago-style deep dish pizza filled my stomach, and I left the restaurant happy. Consistent quality in food and service.

Luke Maffei

If you ever have a problem, you can be pretty confident that the owners will go to huge lengths to make it right. They get it.

Their pan pizza is upstanding pizza. Had some problems the first time we tried to eat here, but the management was extremely responsive. I get the impression this is a business that really likes San Francisco and really wants to make a good contribution (and seems to be via affiliate events with youth and education charities across town).

Besides there yummy cornmeal crust, they have a culture of customer service that has been evident in all of my interactions with them.

While they are pimping for another city, it's worth it to violate traditional SF pride and get your grub on here.

Connie Pistilli

Cheese, lots and lots of cheese. If you like cheese, then you'll really like Patxi's. I like cheese, but not when there's so much of it that it's oozing off the crust along with all the other toppings. That's what happened to my Chicago-style thick crust pizza. The crust was phenomenal though. Nicely buttery golden and crisp.

You also have to be patient because it takes at least 30 minutes for the thick crust pizza. A small pizza will definitely suffice if it's just you and a friend sharing. There will be plenty of leftovers too.

Rhonda R