Philz Coffee

4023 18th St, San Francisco, CA 94114

LGBT

Gary G
    5 Aug 19, 2014

Oh man...I seriously could have this every morning. I want to comment on the other drinks, but the Mint Mojito...can you just hand me a bucket of it and a funnel when I show up? Thanks!

Seriously though, Philz is on point in every aspect. From the way they diverge the lines for drink and food orders to the nice space they use, and of course the delicious coffee drinks. The breakfast burritos are actually pretty yummy too, I kind of wish they would maybe put them in the oven for a bit instead of steaming them or whatever it is they do, maybe I should just get a burrito before I come...but that means I would have to get my minty frothy beverage later in the morning. And that just won't do.

This is the second Philz location I've frequented, and it seems that every location is great, so if you've never been and you love, or heck even just kind of like coffee, do yourself a favor and try them. You'll spit out that Starbucks swill you've been drinking, guaranteed.

Recommended for:FoodiesLocal CultureStudents
    Janson Wigo
    5 Nov 12, 2013

The iced coffee is like crack... If you havent had Philz yet then you must go get a coffee. My favorites are the estatic iced, the ambrosia and the mint mojito.

Jenn B
    5 Sep 10, 2013

Forget Starbucks' pumpkin spice latte. The ginger snap iced coffee at Philz is where it's at. It's a nice change from the ever so popular iced mint mojito, and definitely worth waiting in line to try.

Recommended for:Art & Design LoversFoodiesStudentsTrendsters
    Michelle Gigglesworth
    4 Aug 08, 2014

Every time I come into town, I get the mojito ice'd coffee. Minty coffee goodness. This place gets busy and with the "one cup at a time thing, it gets to be a long wait. well worth it though.

Recommended for:Art & Design LoversFoodiesStudentsTrendsters
    Travis Katz
    4 Aug 09, 2013

Philz is all the rage in San Francisco for there "one cup at a time" brewing method. Its kind of cool if you have the time - you feel like you are being taken care of. And relative to starbucks, its great. Does it live up to the hype? In my book, not really. The secret is that they put heavy cream and sugar in, which makes it taste great. That said, there is something about it that makes me want to keep coming back...

Kelly G.
    4 May 07, 2014
    Recommended for:FoodiesLocal Culture
    Schel @schel74
    3 Sep 25, 2013

Well I am not into coffee, but my friend thinks that their mint mojito iced coffee is to die for... So we stopped in here while we were running around the mission.

We walked in and this joint was packed from floor to ceiling with people swag eclectic weird random crap etc. The place was packed. There was a line wrapped around inside and all the chairs/tables were full with some folks standing around out front...

They had about 5-6 coffee jockeys pumping out the brown juice as fast as they could... The crack err caffeine fiends were all jittery and in dire need of a hit. So I went out front to wait while my friend braved the caffeine fiends to get her cup o minty joe!

everyone seems to love it and they all had these big ear to ear grins as they walked out and/or had their first sips... So yeah better them than me. I just try to get out of the way of these odd zombies...

Recommended for:BackpackersFoodiesLocal CultureTrendsters
    Sean L
    5 Jul 01, 2014

For you folks that are serious about coffee then get in line for this handmade "one cup at a time" experience

Recommended for:FoodiesTrendsters
    Margot B
    5 Oct 30, 2013

I've never had a regular cup of coffee from this place, but every time I am in the Bay Area, I make sure to get a mint mojito from Philz (no, there's no alcohol, just espresso, ice, mint, and your choice of milk).

Lisa Markuson
    5 Aug 26, 2013

This is the best coffee shop I have been to, in the entire planet. Nothing can compete.

Recommended for:Budget TravelersFoodiesLGBTLocal Culture
    Todd C
    4 Aug 19, 2014

Philz Coffee in San Francisco has developed a devoted following, and for good reason. The twenty blends that are now available by the pound are the result of 25 years of coffee alchemy

Recommended for:Family TravelersFoodiesStudentsWellness
    Joe V
    5 Sep 16, 2013

Java by the cup, the way it should be. They have more coffee blends to chose from than Larry King has ex-wives. Friends don't let friends drink at Starbucks.

Recommended for:FoodiesTrendsters
    Jess
    5 Apr 03, 2014

Dear Philz, I'm glad to have found my coffee soul mate in your Iced Mint Mojito. Don't question me folks, just get it. Jacob's coffee medium sweet for a hot coffee. If you feel like you need morning cocaine, go ahead and get the Turkish coffee extra sweet. You'll be up till 2am, consider yourself warned. It's strong!

Christina Constantino
    5 Aug 27, 2013

The best and freshest cup of coffee I have ever had. You get to pick your blend and they make one cup just for you. It's delicious.

Recommended for:Budget TravelersBusiness TravelersBackpackersLuxury Travelers
    Traci
    5 Oct 03, 2012

Philz makes the best coffee I have ever had - and I normally don't have strong opinions on whether coffee is good or bad. They take time to brew each cup individually - and they are GOOD at it!!

Verlisia

Their coffee is out of this world. That one cup of dancing water was hands down the best coffee I had in this area. It smells good and it tastes wonderful. Just embrace it and let the magic potion flow through your vein.

Sharon K. Yapp

Amazing coffee. Seriously. I've never had coffee like this before. They have a variety of flavors and brew each cup individually. I think the one I tried was the Turkish roast, and I can't to come back to try more.

Amanda B
    5 Jan 31, 2013

Amazing coffee. It really doesn't get better than this. Just trust me and go and you'll see what I mean. Every cup is made fresh with your choice of light / medium / or heavy sugar / cream . I go here as often as I can on every San Francisco trip.

Richard P
    5 Dec 12, 2012

I'm not much of a coffee drinker. However I wanted to check out Philz given its reputation in the Bay Area. On my visit the barista was very friendly. I wasn't sure what to order, but after asking a few questions about what I like the server gave me a great recommendation. I definitely appreciated the time they took in helping me pick something I would like. Another awesome thing is that everything is done by hand. Noe machines are used and each cup is freshly brewed to order!!!!

Isaac Silverman
    5 Jul 31, 2012

The strongest coffee I've ever had! Philz and co. do a tremendous job serving up the single brew drip coffee. Don't leave SF without going to Philz at least once!

626 people visited Philz Coffee