Piazza del Campo
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 98%History Buffs
- 90%Art & Design Lovers
- 84%Local Culture
- 51%Outdoor Enthusiasts
- 51%Luxury Travelers
- 51%Business Travelers
Member Reviews (37)
- Piazza del CampoMember ofLocal CultureBudget TravelersFamily Travelers+ 4Dec 31, 2013
The Piazza is the heart of the city, with the contrades fanning out from its center. It's a great place to walk around and some of the best restaurants are nearby.
- Piazza del CampoMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsFoodies+ 4Nov 05, 2013
One of the most stunning piazzas in Italy. A must see that is hard to miss. Definitely over touristed but the piazza is big and does a good job of absorbing the masses.
- Piazza del CampoMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsFoodies+ 4Aug 28, 2012
This is without any doubt the most beautiful "Piazza" in the world. I have been in Sienna 3 times, and every time i spend an hour or more just sitting there and enjoying the view. It is shaped as a shell, with the town hall at the (straight) bottom, and sloping up to the historic houses (now all restaurants/bars) around it.
- Piazza del CampoMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsFamily Travelers+ 1First to ReviewJul 05, 2012
This is a marevollous square, with the shape of a fan. The fan is divided in nine parts representing the nine advisors of medieval government. There are gorgeous buildings all around including Torre del . The very famous ' palio di Siena' takes place exactly here.
- Piazza del CampoMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 13Nov 12, 2013
In the heart of Siena's historic center. It is one of the best examples of medieval public squares you will find anywhere in Italy. It is also famous for the medieval horse race, the "Palio" that is held in the square twice a year
- Piazza del CampoMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBusiness Travelers+ 5Sep 30, 2012
This is unique square in Tuscany and the best place to visit in Sienna. The great horse race is arranged here once a year. The square (actually more like semi circle) has loads of Italian restaurants bustling with people. Sienna is quite large so be careful in selecting your parking place as the walk to the square might be very long.