Pike Place Chowder - Pike Place Market
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 54%Family Travelers
- 51%Local Culture
- 51%History Buffs
- 51%Art & Design Lovers
- 51%Budget Travelers
Member Reviews (21)
- Pike Place Chowder - Pike Place MarketMember ofGreen TravelersLocal CultureOutdoor Enthusiasts+ 12Oct 04, 2013
I love that they have a sampler option - for just $10 you get to try 3 types of chowder with unlimited bread and crackers. My favorite was the dill and scallop one.
I also want to give a shout out to Zach, who let me try out some other ones like their vegan chowder (which tasted more like soup).
- Pike Place Chowder - Pike Place Market
- Pike Place Chowder - Pike Place MarketMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsFoodiesNov 27, 2013
The chowder is delicious here, but not as amazing as I expected. I had better chowder at some other places in Seattle, but the chowder is still really good here. There are many different types to choose from (manhattan, new england clam chower, salmon chowder, scallop chowder, etc) and they serve different ones on different days. The line can get really long, but it moves fast!
- Pike Place Chowder - Pike Place MarketMember ofLocal CultureBudget TravelersFoodies+ 4Oct 31, 2013
Pike Place Chowder is no secret, but it really is that amazing. Get the regular clam chowder, and your tastebuds with thank you. The Salmon Chowder was ok, it just tasted like liquified creamy smoked salmon. Go regular, or get a sampler!Recommended for:
- Pike Place Chowder - Pike Place MarketMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 2Nov 26, 2013
It sounds like a tourist thing, but honestly, who can resist grabbing some clam chowder at the Pike Place Market? I couldn't and after tasting the clam chowder at Pike Place Chowder, I'm glad I caved in to Seattlite ritual.Recommended for:
- Pike Place Chowder - Pike Place MarketMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 6First to ReviewAug 06, 2013
This is the best place to go for chowder lovers. New England clam chowder with bacon(!), salmon chowder, scallop chowder, and seafood bisque are the usuals here. They are all delicious, but if you can't decide, you can always order their sampler and try most, if not all of them. They do close early, at 5, I believe, so make sure to stop by before then.
- Pike Place Chowder - Pike Place MarketMember ofLocal CultureBudget TravelersFoodies+ 3May 10, 2013
As good as they say it is. A small was enough, but if you check in on Yelp, you get a coupon for a sampler platter-- split it with a friend. Highly recommended, plus the oyster crackers are of another kind. A must if you visit Seattle.
- Pike Place Chowder - Pike Place MarketMember ofLocal CultureBudget TravelersFoodies+ 1Apr 25, 2013
Fantastic clam chowder, best I've ever had, but what's even better is their seafood bisque, which has a great variety of seafood ingredients. They do tend to run out of bread bowls later in the day so try to go early!