Pine Ridge Winery
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to? Join now
- 98%Luxury Travelers
- 98%Family Travelers
- 98%Business Travelers
Member Reviews (8)Write a review
- Pine Ridge Winery
I decided to take my girlfriends back here for some serious cave tour. It was an in-depth winery tour begins at Pine Ridge estate vineyards, proceeding through our wine production facilities and continues into our wine caves for an exclusive barrel sample. The tour concludes in our caves with a hosted, seated wine and cheese pairing. We drank at least 7,8 wines, include their most expensive wine Fortis ($150 per bottle).
For $50 per person. Tours commence daily at 10:00 am, 12:00 pm and 2:00 pm and last approximately 90 minutes. Each tour is limited to 8 people. Reservations are required. Our tour was 6 people, and we had a blast with our tour guide Jackie. She was kind and cool, and her love for wines shine through her voice and personality.
The service surely 100 times better than our last visit. My 2 girlfriends enjoyed the visit tremendously and we all bought a bunch of wines to bring back this time.
We enjoyed the beautiful Dale Chihuly glass art works, the story behind that famous wall in the back. The cheese, nut, cracker selection was really nice and paired nicely with all the wines we tasted. We love the barrel tasting as well, that was a lot of fun.
Some of the wines that I got to try on this tour:
- 2008 Cabernet Saug. Oakville appellation, Pine Ridge Napa Valley - you see this wine at higher end restaurants.
- 2007 Howell Mountain Cabernet Saug. Interesting differences in taste than any other appellation, I love this wine.
- 2008 Cabernet Saug. Stag's Leap appellation, Pine Ridge Napa Valley - you see this wine at higher end restaurants.
- 2008 FORTIS Cabermet Saug. Napa Valley, their highest end bottle, full body, powerful, and you can easily save this bottle for quite sometimes.
- 2011 Chenin Blanc and Viognier - refreshing and I enjoyed this, perfect for a warm afternoon.
- 2010 Dijon Clone Chardonnay of Pine Ridge Vineyards, Carneros District, Napa Valley, great chard, beautiful wine.
- 2008 Charm Stone of Pine Ridge Vineyards, Napa Valley - a nice blend red. Unlike typical wine drinkers, I don't like 1 grape, I'm a Bordeaux girl at heart, I love any blend of 3 or more grapes. Sometimes it makes the wine more structure and unique.
- 2008 Onyx Red Wine of Pine Ridge Vineyards, Napa Valley. My FAV bottle of this tasting round. Definitely see my future with this blend :-)
With so many award winning wines that they have releases over the past 3 decades, Pine Ridge Vineyards is one of the place that you need to stop on this Silverado Trail winery tour. It's definitely worth a detour if you ask me.Recommended for:
- Pine Ridge WineryMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBusiness Travelers+ 5
For a producer of such a big wine (at least the cab), the Pine Ridge Winery has a very cute tasting room. There is a cult following for Pine Ridge Wines and I get it now...well not really...but the tasting experience was pleasant.
- Pine Ridge Winery
This is another great wine stop. We actually stumbled upon this place because we had time in between from the previous winery and our scheduled tour at the next winery. We, as usual, decided to do the reserve tasting. As we had a very full day ahead of us, we were trying very hard to pace ourselves, but Pineridge had some very tempting wines, grown from various regions of the valley. I was very impressed! :-)
- Pine Ridge WineryMember ofOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget TravelersBackpackers
A nice place, but far from being spectacular.
The tasting here was a little bit too fast and not 100% friendly... maybe because we were not wine experts they decided not to give us much attention.
I think wineries must be prepared to non wine experts...and actually this was the idea, learn more about wine.
- Pine Ridge WineryMember ofFamily TravelersFoodiesWellness+ 5
One of the great wineries along the Silverado Trail...I recommend it if you are looking for great reds! They were nice enough to comp our wine testing when my dad decided to sign up for a membership.