Pink's Hot Dogs

709 North La Brea Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90038

Jaak Treiman
    4 Jan 22, 2014

Pink's is a family owned, non-franchised, hot dog stand that is a Hollywood landmark. Their walls are filled with pictures of Hollywood personalities who have frequented Pink's. This is where Bruce Willis proposed to Demi Moore. (She said, "Yes." Some years later they divorced.)

As a hot dog devotee I rate their hot dogs "good" but no better than Cupid's, a local franchise. Go there to enjoy their hot dogs and to admire the Pink family's marketing savvy.

Recommended for:Budget TravelersFamily TravelersLocal CultureStudents
    Rachel Greene
    5 Jan 13, 2014

The hot dogs at Pink's are CRAZY. FYI, so is the line, so do be prepared to wait about 45 minutes on line for a hot dog. Try the Mullholland Drive Dog.

Recommended for:FoodiesLocal Culture
    Erin K
    4 Feb 14, 2014

I love it when places like this work out, when their food completely lives up to its reputation and you understand why they're so famous. They make great hot dogs, period. I had one with chili and sauerkraut, and one with onion and all the standard condiments. SO. GOOD. The line is usually long but it moves fast (the staff here knows exactly what they're doing), though if you're looking for a place to sit, you probably won't be able to find a spot. Doesn't matter, really, since your food will be gone in two seconds and you'll be considering whether to hop back in line for another round.

Recommended for:Budget TravelersFoodiesLocal Culture
    Kat
    5 Sep 03, 2013

Hotdogs hotdogs hotdogs!!!
    Family-owned since 1939 on LaBrea and Melrose. Famous hotdog stand in the country and especially in LA. Emeril and Giada have hotdogs named after their creation and its now on the menu. Also on that list is the Mayor of LA, Rosie O'Donnell, Ozzy, and Martha Stewart. Movies too... Lord of the Rings and Jaws. Definitely a stop if you're in the Hollywood area

Tanya Hooper
    5 Aug 31, 2013

Really cool restaurant and an absolute must see if visiting LA. Lots of celebs visit Pinks. Hot dogs are huge and pretty good as well.

William J Scott III
    5 Sep 15, 2012

the BEST hotdogs in all of USA.. no joke... i have not eaten hotdogs in al of USA but i am sure i am right

Denesse Elias
    5 Oct 11, 2013
    L. Paul Evangelista
    4 Mar 27, 2014

I really like the hot dogs here. I will say that the chains based off of the main Pink's are not really worth it. But the original Pink's is awesome and delicious

• Pink's Hot DogsAmbassadorPro 2014
    Sandra Waring
    4 Feb 07, 2013

If you're a visitor to la for the first time, I suggest trying pink's for the la experience. They're so famous for their hot dogs that the hype might be too big- but they still deliver the goods. Chili cheese hot dogs are very solid here, they have crazy toppings on some. The chicken chili cheese burrito is excellent. Seasoned fries, crispy batter onion rings, wash it down with bottled or canned coke. The line gets long..so get friendly with your neighbors in line :)

JR Cajigas
    4 Sep 24, 2012

Eats: Ozzy Spicy Dog, Chili Cheese Fries.
    I've tried many other dogs here and they all have been great, over-the-top, and delicious. Pink's is an LA staple for late night post-club grub. This is the place to your out of state guests that want something hyped and LA. Lines at any times of the day or night can reach around 30+ minutes, but you could be lucky and have a walk up window. You are warned, this place is CASH ONLY and dogs range in price between $5 and $8.

Ozzy Spicy Dog -- there seems to be a couple distinct dogs at this place: all beef, jalapeno dog, or Polish. The Ozzy Dog uses the Polish dog, which seems to be the most spicy. It's also topped with nacho cheese and guacamole, so nothing negative to say with such delicious ingredients so far. The grilled onions can use a bit more grilling which is my only rant.

Chili Cheese Fries -- I don't think I'd go here and pass up the Chili Cheese Fries ever again. The chili is really the best part about Pink's. It has a smooth meaty consistency which is perfect for topping hotdogs and fries, but may not go far as a long bowl of chili. The nacho cheese that Pink's uses is also not too cheesy and doesn't have that canned flavor. Nobody I've ever gone here with has beared to leave any scraps of this behind.

For the Extreme Hungry, I suggest getting the Millenium Dog. I've had this before, and it wasn't till I saw it again recently that I couldn't believe the size of this thing. I don't see it on the menu, but it's just over-stacked ridiculously with toppings including chili and guacamole.

Catherine
    4 Sep 19, 2012

How good can hot dogs be? Pretty darn good if you're getting them from Pink's! They have all sorts of creative hot dogs, some of them named after popular films or people. The prices are reasonable too! There is usually a long line, so be prepared to wait!

Alea G.

It's been forever since I've been to Pink's, largely because I've since migrated up north. Nevertheless, I can't think about my college days without remember our ritual of standing in the long line at Pink's after seeing shows in Hollywood. We were always filled with so much regret in the morning with our hot dog hangovers, but it was always so good.

Susan Lee
    3 Dec 04, 2013

The hot dogs are really good, especially the ones with bacon in them. However, there's always a long line to order, so you really have to be in the mood to wait for a hot dog.

Kevin Cheng
    3 Jul 04, 2012

The line is ridiculous but it's (barely) worth it. The dogs are good and the large menu will make you want to come back to try more.

MARiAN L
    3 Jul 29, 2012

It's okay. They have a good selection of toppings and some celebrity inspired dogs which makes it fun, especially if you are visiting from outside the Los Angeles area. This is also an iconic hot dog stand. It's worth trying Pink's famous hot dogs, but I don't think it's worth waiting in line for for more than 15 minutes.

Lucy Swift Weber Youdovin
    3 Jul 05, 2012

The hot dogs at Pink's are good, but I honestly don't totally get the fuss and would probably choose a Dodger Dog over one from Pink's.
    That said, Pink's can be a fun destination and is a good place to take people from out of town.

Danny Nguyễn
    3 Jun 05, 2014

FINALLY I get to try the famous PINK'S HOT DOGS. Located in the corner of La Brea and Melrose, where parking isn't so bad. They have a small lot in the back and also plenty of meter parking within a 5 min walk. Be prepared to wait at least 30 mins to an hour. There will always be a line!

Now for the hot dogs. We got the Martha Stewart, I was pretty disappointed. I had really high expectation since it was so famous and has one of the most reviews on yelp, but at last disappointment. The hot dogs are pretty normal, I didn't taste or see anything special about it. They just used regular buns that got soggy and fell apart so easily. I would rather stick to hot dogs in my area like Dog Haus or Slaw Dogs. It didn't live up to the hype =(

Re becca
    3 Apr 15, 2014

I decided to give Pinks another try, after my last experience why would I right? Well, The owner apologized and promised the night time manager would be reprimanded for his behavior and since we were already in the area we said "Why not "!

Actually the night I went back, it was the SAME night time manager that insulted me! I held my tongue and not say anything disrespectful or smart and just made my order. I doubt he remembered me being that Pinks is such a BRAND location and people are always coming and going ! ANYWAYS - same guy, slightly different attitude, perhaps it was just an off night for him or he is just old... (i sound bitter don't I )
    My guy ordered "JAWS" which was a huge heart attack but he said it was great- the only thing was the guy added bacon and we never asked for bacon ( fine though cause he said it was what he wanted anyways, but would of been courteous if he told us about it !)

My second time back, i brought 3 other friends with me, 3 DRUNK friends! We were in line and my friends were asking about the onion rings and the cook were nice enough to sneak a couple for them to try ( thought that was nice) So we ended up ordering some -maybe some language barrier and the guy thought we ordered 2 onion rings and fries !! The night time manager this time was a different man and def. was much helpful, offered us some sauces that will go well with certain dogs.

Few mistakes but all and all a way better experience rather than being blame!

Ryan Fung
    5 Mar 24, 2014

This is the iconic hot dog place to visit in L.A. The menu provides a hefty list of specialty dogs, plus more named after places and celebrities. There is almost always a line, but it's worth the wait.

Jason L
    5 Jul 03, 2013

Pink's you had me at Chili! So good you should kiss the chef! Okay maybe that might be a bit weird.. maybe not as weird in LA. Being a huge hot dog fan, I will let you know that Pink's does not suck. If you ignore the history and celebrates that go there and experience for yourself you won't be disappointed. I heard a lot about this place on food network and travel channel, but who cares? Good food is all that counts the rest is just for tourist to gawk at.

THREE DOG NIGHT 3 hot dogs, wrapped in a giant tortilla, 3 slices of cheese, 3 slices of bacon, chili and onions. Yum Man vs Food how did you skip this place? A massive burrito that is like a chili dog. The chili is freaking bomb! How can you say no to bacon?!? This heart stopping creation satisfies every thing you were dreaming about. If only I could make a chili dog that good. I heard this place is open late and great after club food.

A few cons. Given this is LA, parking is limited. There's a small valet parking area for free. I was scared to let someone park my car, but he did a good job and filled every available space, including next to the dumpster. I didn't see anyone waiting to get their car back. This guy was very fast and efficient. However, he just asked which car is mine without any valet slip or any proof. I could have easily upgrade my car, but picking something nicer. I know this is based on an honesty system, which I follow, but who knows if other people will. The wait is always at least 30 minute plus! If you can wait in line for a roller coaster or go early to a movie, this isn't really that bad. The location is hard to reach if you are not a LA local. Even from just outside of LA, like Pasadena, you WILL have a world famous LA traffic experience!

Try Pink's for yourself, but not because I said so. If you love hot dogs you cannot afford to miss it. Please don't go when I do. Maybe I can shorten the line. Duh! Why did I write this review...?

Recommended for:Business TravelersGreen TravelersFamily TravelersHistory Buffs