Pirates of the Caribbean

5,269 people visited Pirates of the Caribbean

• Pirates of the CaribbeanAmbassadorPro 2014
    Veronica Raye
    5 Mar 14, 2014

This ride has always been a favorite, unfortunately at some point they upgraded and removed some of the original displays but they did add some more excitement and thrill to the ride.. but I won't ruin the surprise. Great characters and pirate music, "yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me."

Recommended for:Family TravelersLocal Culture
  • Pirates of the CaribbeanAmbassadorPro 2014
    Kat Sun
    4 Nov 17, 2013

Yo Ho Yo Ho a pirate's life for me! Nice ride when it gets hot...you just have to get through the line first. It moves relatively quickly though since one boat can fit many people. Sit back and relax.

Schel
    5 Feb 25, 2014

So what I always have looked forward to doing while at Disneyland every trip I have ever made... going into this underground cool wonderfully fun dark dank place... I love this ride. It has always been my favorite since you had to buy books of tickets... I cant recall if it was a C or a D but it wasnt an E but I loved it.

The cool calm stillness in the midst of a hot burning day always made me happy. I sometimes rode it a few times in a row as the line goes super fast.

PRO TIP: check out which of the two lines is longer and get in the other one. I have found the left hand line is usually quicker, even if it is slightly longer...

I have never understand the bayou portion on the upper tier with the restaurant, unless they serve cajun food, but seriously what does that have to do with Pirates? I have always wondered about that and felt completely disjointed about it.

Regardless this ride kicks some serious butt.. kinda like 15 men on a dead man's chest... Someday I should slip a flask into my pocket to drink some rum while on this ride... how perfect would that be?

I think it would be just about perfect. None the less this is the best of the best at Disney and one of the few things that I truly truly love about the mouse house... especially since I am not that big of a fan...

Recommended for:Adventure TravelersBackpackersFamily TravelersStudents
    Erin V
    5 Feb 25, 2014

Arrgh! Dead men tell no tales...

Don't be chicken!

I don't think I could ever get tired of this ride. When the weather is unbearable or I'm just tired from walking around this is my go to ride.

I know some of the enthusiasts of the original ride hemmed and hawed when Disneyland made changes to the ride by adding Johnny Depp's Jack Sparrow character into the ride.

It doesn't matter to me. I recently got on this ride and my party had children in it, so it's always great experiencing this ride through a child's perspective. My favorite part is the dog holding onto the keys while the pirates bribe him.

I did see a hidden Mickey. I need to get that book so the next time I visit the park I can spend time doing a scavenger hunt.

The lines are pretty reasonable since it's not their peak season.

If I had a list of top places to make out in Disneyland, this would be in the top ten.

Well, me matey, til we see each other again!

Ziv Tarsi
    4 Jan 29, 2013

I enjoy the Pirates very much, the animatronics are great, the creepiness of the whole thing is fun for me and even the 2.5 drops are tasteful, but I would not recommend it for any child that is remotely scared of dark/noise, this is not for them!
    I say this because I made the grave mistake of taking my son into this place at just over 3 y/o, he freaked out and cried for most of the (not short enough) ride. And there was long term damage, he is now scared of tunnels and boats, hope that will pass soon...

Drew M.
    4 Dec 21, 2012

It's been a few years since I rode Pirates, so I went in with a fresh set of eyes in a sense. Let me just say that the actual ride time proportion versus the wait is probably one of the best in the park (especially if it's a hot day), so for 15 to 20 minutes of riding (as we were backed up in the middle), I'd say on that note along it's worth it.

The ride is great, the animatronics are fantastic, and I get the additions of Captain Jack Sparrow and friends. So good, that's out of the way.

Question: For any of you out there who was in favor of removing the men chasing women around in circles a few years back... what about the sale of prostitutes going on a few rooms back?!?!

They are selling... wenches! Now, I still don't know what that word means, so I'm safe from the understanding of its implications, but I mean really, with all of the boozing and cavorting and shooting and looting, why would you choose that ONE thing to go away?

It's as ridiculous as the concept of Vampires not eating and killing humans, and then falling in deep everlasting love with them in a very Christian way. Thank God that's never happened.......

Kim L. "Lady Boss"
    3 Dec 18, 2012

Might be the longest ride in the park and I love it. They have only changed it slightly since I was a kid and the new changes are all good.

Michael Baker
    5 Nov 22, 2012

this is one of the few rides left that i recall from my childhood. i like to start the day here.

Joseph Coureur
    5 Oct 06, 2012

The Pirates of the Caribbean has always been one of my favorite rides, but it's been retrofitted for Captain Jack Sparrow. It's not that bad, but it's different. I like the Blue Bayou, the restaurant you float by at the start of the ride.

Jessica Abramson
    • Local Culture

First went on this amazing attraction when I was three-years-old, and I cried because of the drop that I wasn't expecting. To this day, I get nervous right before the plummet down to the lower level of the ride. One of my favorite parts is near the loading queue, where you can watch people dining at the Blue Bayou restaurant. It's incredibly peaceful, and the old man in the rocking chair listening to the banjo being played is what prompted me to listen to bluegrass!

My complaints are those of a die-hard Disneyland fan; WHY, OH, WHY did the Imagineers have to do the movie tie-in?! Don't answer that. I know it's all about money, but seeing Jack Sparrow popping up throughout the 14.5 minute ride kind of ruins the nostalgic effect POTC once had on me.

Either way, you CANNOT miss this if you're going to Disneyland!

Description:

Pirates of the Caribbean, one of Disneyland’s most beloved attractions, sits in New Orleans Square near the Rivers of America. Guests arrive for what seems like a peaceful ride through the Gulf-region marshes, welcomed by a banjo-playing gentleman on his porch to the left and Disney’s ambient Blue Bayou restaurant to the right. They soon fade into the background, however, as an ominous voice speaks: “Dead men tell no tales.” Riders are then literally plunged into an epic story of cannon battles and cursed pirates; devils, black sheep and really bad eggs, all powered by Disney’s impressive animatronics.