Often referred as "La Placita", it's the area surrounding the Plaza de Mercado in Santurce and the heart & soul among locals. Come during the daytime and enjoy some papaya fruit shakes inside the Mercado building while shopping for produce. Wednesday, Thursday and Friday nights people flock to la Placita for drinks and some occasional live music.
Things to do near Plaza del Mercado
- 10.21 mi22 Ponce de León Ave, San Juan, Puerto Rico0.21 mi from Plaza del Mercado2 reviews
The best place to enjoy any concert, play or music. Very elegant
- 20.02 mi
- 30.18 miPonce de León Ave, San Juan, PR 009400.18 mi from Plaza del Mercado2 reviews
Havent entered for the show yet. ( rock of ages) and being told shorts ( dressy inex even ) not allowed . Jeans with holes are allowed though....makes no sense. I was asked if i wanted to go to walmart to buy pants. Then offered to wear the managers pants. With no choice i chose the latter. Visiting san juan ...
- 40.43 mi
- 50.99 mi
- 60.42 mi
- 70.36 mi0.36 mi from Plaza del Mercado2 reviews
This restaurant is a nice place to seat outside and people watch. The service is good and attentive. The food is average, and does not compare to their sister restaurant Budathai. The tapas are a little on the salty side and have an Asian Fusion flair. Be advised their are no wines by the glass only by the bottle.Popular withLGBTNightlife
- 80.64 mi951 Ave. Ponce de León, San Juan, PR, United States0.64 mi from Plaza del Mercado1 review
Classical music concerts on Sundays are given by the best students musicians from the island and abroad. A beautiful building and great support for our artists in making.
- 90.72 miExpreso Luis Muñoz Rivera, San Juan, Puerto Rico0.72 mi from Plaza del Mercado1 review
While it's tough that Puerto Rico really has no country (state?) wide transportation to speak of, inside SJ is getting better and better. The inner city train is clean and easy to navigate, from buying tickets to figuring out where to go. The bus system uses the same ticket system, which is great and economical, and the bus system reaches ...
- 100.89 mi154 Calle Benitez Castaño, San Juan, PR, United States0.89 mi from Plaza del Mercado2 reviews
We rented a car from Sixt via Priceline during our visit to Puerto Rico. I'd like to say my overall experience was a complete disaster. The car company is off the airport, which is not a big deal as they would send their shuttle drivers to pick you up immediately. As soon as you arrive to the car rental location ...
- 110.39 mi
- 120.42 mi
- 132.91 mi2.91 mi from Plaza del Mercado63 reviews
Old San Juan is a lot like Pier 39 in San Francisco. It's great for cruise shippers and first time travelers - a great gateway into PR. However, the traffic is awful, the food is inauthentic and overpriced, and the attitude of the folks working is hardly inviting or friendly. Great for souvenir shopping and checking out the fort. For ...Popular withHistoryLocalFamilies
- 143.17 mi501 Calle Norzagaray, San Juan Antiguo, PR 009013.17 mi from Plaza del Mercado62 reviews
Old San Juan. 45 to one hour from Rio Mar. Discover the north side of the island, El Viejo San Juan, Spaniard construction to defend Puerto Rico from invaders.Popular withHistoryFamiliesLocal
- 153.17 mi
- 163.42 mi
- 171.18 mi1.18 mi from Plaza del Mercado11 reviews
This is where the beautiful people of San Juan and the Metro Area go to get a tan and socialize in their bathing suits. People watching at its best, with a young and vibrant scene, close to restaurants, bars, and more entertainment.Popular withOutdoorLocalTrendsters
- 183.17 mi
- 193.78 mi
- 201.65 mi500 Ave Arterial B, San Juan, United States1.65 mi from Plaza del Mercado10 reviews
Beautiful Architecture, if you are going to a concert you'll like it very much. It's not worth it to expend time just to see it. There are a couple of good restaurants in the area you may want to try, Texas Do Brasil, Steak house, Sheraton Hotel Convention Center.