Things to do near Poás Volcano National Park
Nearby Things to do
- 1Alajuela, Poas & the Airport Area, Costa RicaRanked #1 overall in Alajuela things to doDistance: 4.8 mi10 reviews
The entrance fee is a bit high ($36), but otherwise this is a great place to go visit. Easily accessible from San Jose, and perfect for a day trip when...Popular with
- 2Ranked #1 overall in San Ramon things to doDistance: 18.4 mi2 reviews
The canopy tour is ridiculously fun and it’s up there on our list of coolest things we’ve ever done along with the bioluminescent bay in Puerto Rico. Basically, you get...
- 3Northeast Central Valley on the Central Volcanic Range, San Jose Costa RicaRanked #18 overall in San Jose things to doDistance: 15.1 mi1 review
This is actually the biggest bio-reserve park in the country. Unlike the more popular Costa Rican parks such as Poás and Manuel Antonio, this park is relatively unmaintained and untravelled....Popular with
- 4Costa RicaRanked #1 overall in Puerto Caldera things to doDistance: 8.7 mi1 review
Beautiful sights; horseback rides available.
- 5Alajuela, Poas & the Airport Area, Costa RicaRanked #1 overall in Birri things to doDistance: 7.5 mi1 review
You can see these coffee fields from the balcony of VR. The Peaberry is the best coffee in my estimation. Take the tour and you will see all of a...
- 6Barva Volcano, Braulio Carrillo National Park, Costa RicaRanked #21 overall in San Jose things to doDistance: 10.1 mi1 review
Measuring approximately 62 square miles (160 square kms), the massive Barva Volcano sits at the edge of Costa Rica’s Central Valley. Scientists believe that the dormant volcano was last active...
- 9Arenal Volcano National Park, Costa RicaRanked #1 overall in La Fortuna things to doDistance: 37.0 mi48 reviews
Once I arrived in La Fortuna in Arenal, I was told the volcano cannot be visited up close due to its potential danger and past incidents of people unexpectedly losing...Popular with