Pok Pok Noi

• Pok Pok Noi
    Eric Chen

Went to Noi for brunch after being completely ignored at Grain & Gristle for 15 minutes (no one even greeted us!).

But what a freakin' awesome decision. The wait staff was immediately welcoming as we walked in (I guess there's no way to ignore us as we were pretty much on top of the bar 5 steps in). We sat at the bar and had friendly conversation with the staff as we pored over the menu.

We eventually decided on Ike's Vietnamese Fish Sauce Wings and the Chicken Khao Soi. The wings were phenomenal--just the right balance of crispiness/sauciness--and were quite literally finger lickin' good. The chicken was cooked perfectly, crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. The sauce wasn't kick-your-ass spicy (which is good because I like to taste my food and keep my taste buds intact) and also wasn't too sweet. The Khao Soi, although not the highlight of the meal, was also delicious. It provided some much needed carb content after scarfing down a pound of wings. We loved the small garnish items that the noodle soup was served with.

We also had peach drinking vinegar which isn't as scary as it may sound. Give it a shot, you may love it as I did! Trust me.

• Pok Pok Noi