Pokhara Travel Guide

Spiritual Seekers

Adhikari Sanjib
    5 Jul 15, 2014

Dear travelers,
    Namaste and warm Greetings from Himalayan Country Nepal!!
    My name is Sanjib Adhikari. As an independent trekking guide and tour operator in Nepal, I would like to welcome everyone in my motherland country, Nepal. With the keen interest in the adventure tourism, I have been involved in this field at a very young age. Pursuing my career in different capacities as porter, assistant guide, I have developed myself as an independent trekking guide and leadership in various outdoor activities. Licensed and fully certified from the Government of Nepal, we plan and guide for exploration and adventure throughout Nepal.
    A little history:

Sanjib Adhikari
    5 Jul 05, 2014

Dear travelers,
    Namaste and warm Greetings from Himalayan Country Nepal!!
    A little history:
    I myself have been over expeditions to Mera peak, Island peak, Kalapathar, Gokyo peak, Tseryo RI and across many high passes in Nepal, Larkye Pass, Ampulapcha Pass, Chola pass, Renjula pass, Tashilapcha pass, Ganjala pass, Thorong La pass, Tilicho pass, (Mesokantola pass). Within the long span of an adventurous journey, I have extensive guiding experience on Mt. Kailash, Lhasa in Tibet also Ladak and Sikkim in India. Enrollment for 7 years long journey gives me courage to work out for an independent organized trekking agency.
    Personalized service
    I have guided many international groups especially from Europe, USA, Canada, Australia through the Everest, Annapurna, Langtang, Mustang, Dolpo, Kanchanjunga, Makalu, Manaslu, Ganesh Himal and Helambu regions of Nepal thus have gained diversified experience and extensive knowledge on geography, religion, culture, local flora and fauna and on environmental issues in the areas where I personally organized the treks. We arrange all the customized packages on the basis of your interests and liking. Together with our highly friendly and experienced staffs as well your prior experience or interest, we can develop a personalized program of your interest..
    Good food and comfortable accommodation
    Trekking is the way of relating to the local community and practicing their life. One can enjoy an accommodation available according to the various regions. Accomodation varied from tea house in the local way and camping in the restricted and remote regions. For any kind of trekking, we make proper arrangement of hygienic food and safe and comfortable place to stay concerning the demand of our visitors. Along with that, we also make assure for maintaining your health condition with our full guidance.
    Worry-free logistics and services
    My first experience on many trekking routes has made me an expert on making unique trekking itineraries as per the tastes, interests and budget of the western clients. For those international trekkers who want to climb high mountain passes and peaks, I can also organize this challenging and rewarding adventure. We arrange all the necessary logistics necessities which include permit cards, pick up from the airport, national park fee, arrangement of porters and all other necessary requirements.
    A Belief in environmental awareness and preservation
    We have been organizing the trek in association with the local communities who are in true sense an ecologically aware. We are environmentally concerned with utilizing local resources which are beneficial for the local economy. As well as we sort out our own garbages and the waste disposal .Thus, making our trip fully environment friendly. Relating to the local ethnic communities and learning their unique way of living is also an important aspect of our trekking.
    Assured safety and Financial Protection
    From time to time I keep upgrading my skills and knowledge by taking refresher trainings on safety, sanitation, first–aid, emergency rescue, hygiene and cooking, safe accomodation. We follow all kinds of safety and precaution method .Though, we assure for making your trip fully secure and safe. We set out the itinerary budget in an economic way with an affordable accommodation and healthy food.
    My clients have been very pleased with my professional guiding services, and you may read some of their comments on my website. We always strive in giving some more qualitative service indeed. My guiding service is dedicated to helping you enjoy your adventure travelling.
    Please contact me at the email address listed below or contact me online if you have any questions or would like to discuss a possible trek in Nepal! I will look forward to hearing from you!
    Mobile+9779841613822
    Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/Independenttrekkinguidenepal

Sara Benson
    5 May 23, 2014

After the Everest base camp trek, we took a bus to Pokhara to relax, recuperate and chill out by the lake. But it turns out that once we saw the scenery here, we regretted not trekking the Annapurna Circuit instead of toward Everest. The mountain views at sunset or under a full moon -- well, it's hard to imagine it getting any better than this, anywhere in the world.

Recommended for:Adventure TravelersGreen TravelersOutdoor EnthusiastsSpiritual Seekers
  • Pokhara
    Professional independent trekking guide in Nepal
    5 Jun 09, 2014

Hi Namaste ,
    All of Travllers,

I am Tulasi Ram Paudel Grade “A” license holder from Ministry of Tourism and Civil Aviation. Professional freelance (Independent) Trekking Guide in the Nepal, I have been trekking guide since 1995 in this Tourism industry with local trekking / tour guide from Pokhara. who operators tour, Trekking and Hiking independently in the Nepal, Specially Everest / Annapurna / Upper Mustang / Langtang/ Nar-Phu Vally trek . who was my Clients they all recommended me to do individually, and now I am working as a Independently professional and friendly service trekking guide in the Nepal, I collected some valuable knowledge and skill from my past experiences which I earned myself a good deal of enjoyment from foreigners who visit Nepal. They are pleased with me and more than a confidently recommends me to other new clients. Because they trust me and they know my services, I' m well versed in Nepal's mountains, flora and fauna, about of high altitude ,Mountain sickness,first aid, culture,religious because I am also related with Sociology/Anthropology in government University. I love mountains and wish to make very happy trek a experience for all my customers who would like to enjoyed the treks to a great extent / services and trek to Nepal is a must for all adventurous and nature lovers since this land locked mountainous country is filled with vast nature's bounty with wide range of geographical features; variety of natural vegetation and beautiful landscape. In addition to this nature's endowment is its rich Himalayan culture. Thousands of visitors trek to different parts of Nepal every year to experience its rustic charm of nature and culture. That's why I appeal to all the nature lovers of the world to come to Nepal to have a time of their life. I offer tea house Trekking / Camping / Mountaineering / Sightseeing tour / Jungle safari / Pilgrim's tour / Village tour / Home stay tour / and many more. You can inquire me before you depart from your place. Here tea-house trekking routes are famous for some regions they are: Annapurna region / Everest region / Langtang / Gosaikunda . so, between these regions habitually, Annapurna, Everest and Langtang are well-known for tea-house in Nepal . Most trekkers go to these areas, between 1500 to 4000 meters, although some popular parts reach over 5500 meters. I can make easy you with your entire preparations schedule and help you visit around the Holy place / Local village town and speak with local peoples.
    Thanking and Have a nice travel in Nepal,

Mail: tulasip@hotmail.com
    www..trekwithguide.blogspot.com
    www.trekguidenepal.weebly.com
    Mobile No : +977-9846058846

Stephen Bugno
    4 Oct 27, 2013

Super-easy-going town by the lake. Great place to chill out for a few days. Pokhara has enough guesthouses and cafes with Nepali and foreign food. When you're tired of relaxing, take a yoga class or meditation retreat, take a hike, or cycle around the lake. Or, better yet, go trekking in the Annapurna.

Recommended for:BackpackersBudget TravelersOutdoor EnthusiastsWellness
    Matthew Crompton
    4 Aug 24, 2013

What's not to like about Pokhara? Sure, it's a bit of a tourist trap, and you may tire of the legions of t-shirt salesmen stridently trying to induce a purchase; but this lakeside town surrounded by stunning Himalayan peaks is undoubtedly beautiful, and a great place to rest going to or coming from a trek in the nearby Annapurna massif. Like Kathmandu, it's got a score of good, cheap guesthouses, bars, and restaurants, and a pleasantly relaxed vibe. Venture out on a boat into the lake for some photos (be sure to bargain), or complete the one-day circuit trek around the lake, taking in awesome scenery and a hillside village or two along the way.

Recommended for:BackpackersOutdoor Enthusiasts
    Myrha Colt
    4 Aug 05, 2013

Nestled up against the Annapurna mountain range and within 30 (linear) miles to 3 of the ten highest mountains in the world -- Dhaulagiri, Annapurna, and Manaslu, Pokhara is Nepal's second largest city and a hub of activity for Nepali and travelers both. Here you'll find lovely mountain views and a natural launch pad for many an outdoor adventure opportunity in that region.

Although I can't say I passed much time in town, I found my short post-trek stay here to be comfortable and fairly relaxing compared to the much more hectic pace of life in Kathmandu. So needless to say, you too should have no problem turning down the pace and settling in to a more palatable rhythm for the next leg of your trip.

Hire a boat and spend a day (or night) exploring Phewa Tal, the great lake that is at the heart of the city. Or row across and then leave the boat behind while you take the trail up to Shanti Stupa (the World Peace Pagoda) which sits atop a hill on the other side. Surrounded by peaks and forest, this lovely lake makes not only a great daytime outing, it also serves as a central gathering place for local townspeople and travelers alike. Lakeside you'll find a wide range of restaurants with local and international fare, relaxed cafes, lively bars, shops selling everything from souvenirs to mountain gear, and all types of street activity. Stroll among young Nepali couples and family groups gathered along the shore, stop in for a Mo mo, check your email at a cafe, then grab a Nepal Ice or an Everest in time for sunset. No doubt you'll have soon be off on one of the many hiking, mountain biking, trekking, rafting, or even paragliding -- with eagles no less! -- adventures that await. Or just plan to spend a day or two exploring the surrounding area at a slower pace. You certainly won't find many places in the world offering better views for any of these activities.

Recommended for:Adventure TravelersBackpackersLocal CultureOutdoor Enthusiasts
    Trek Nepal
    3 Aug 03, 2012

Dear Guest,Friends & Fellows

Wel-Come to the Himalayan Country of Nepal !

All kinds of Travel / Trek related services under one roof for a
    personalized attention & cure.Let us plan your Tours,Treks and
    mountaineering Expeditions in Nepal.

For more details – www.beautynepaladventure.com

- BIRD WATCHING TOUR

- NATURE TOUR

- CULTURE TOUR

- RELIGIOUS TOUR

‘‘The best way to feel the paradise’’

Beauty Nepal Adventure Pvt.Ltd
    Po.Box - 409
    Lake Side , Pokhara - 6 Nepal

Kevin Bartel
    5 Jul 10, 2012

Like the rest of nepal, Pokhara is simply amazing! The warm weather and stunning lake side make it the perfect place to relax and give your body some time to recover after the grueling, yet magnificent trek through the Anapurnas. Although Pokhara is the third largest city, it is significantly more relaxed than the hustle and bustle of the rickshaw lined streets of Kathmandu. Definitely recommend checking it out!

Lucy Zhang
    5 Jul 10, 2012

A laid-back lake-side town that's the base for many back packer services. Cheap and clean accommodation, good food choices, and an array of outdoor activities ranging from trekking in the Himalayas to rafting with the Nepalese national team, to paragliding.

No Passports Attached
    LGBT
    5 Jul 10, 2012

we travelled to Pokhara via Biratnagar, their airport was so tiny, and it was like a local buss stand.. planes were also those small ones without air-conditioning, i remember we had girls throwing up the entire journey.. but alls well that ends well, once we reached pokhara, the beauty of the place made it worthwhile.. pokhara is a hill station, it was winters, so it was really really cold there.. but the view of the himalayas is mind-blowing from pokhra, looks so close to u, its wonderful!!

Adrian San
    5 Nov 24, 2012

nice mountains

Matthias Hagemann
    3 Nov 12, 2012
    Jinan Bhuiyan
    5 Aug 09, 2012

ameazing city...uffffffffffff..i wanna go again..

• Pokhara
    Red Rose Travel, Tours and Treks P. Ltd.
    5 Aug 03, 2012

A place of NEPAL full of Natural Beauty.

Narayan Prasad Wagle
    1 May 06, 2014

exquisite

Sachin Nihcas

Gr88888....Superbb

Sandra Guerrini
    4 Jul 10, 2012

Montagne e natura sopra ogni limite

kanta terasawa
    3 Jul 10, 2012

Nice place.

Sunny Bansal
    4 Jul 10, 2012

Its superb place!!

Find Hotels in Pokhara:

7,594 people visited Pokhara

Pokhara is the third largest city in Nepal, and the most popular among tourists. Its lakeside location offers both a respite from the harsh, mountainous Tibetan plateau and an embarkation point for Himalayan trekking. The city is modern and comfortable, but most of the attractions in the area are of the natural variety. Be sure to visit any (or all!) of the lakes in the area (Phewa, Bengas, Rupa ... read more
Tal, Dipang Tal). Renting a boat is very cheap and highly recommended. Due to its proximity to some of the highest mountain peaks in the world, Pokhara is a common starting point for trekkers, especially those attempting the Annapurna circuit. However, if a twenty-five day trek isn’t up your alley, there are plenty of shorter treks and day hikes available. Annapurna base camp is an eight-day trek, and well worth it for the views of massive Himalayan peaks. Sarankot is a two-day hike (with an overnight stay in an on-the-mountain guesthouse) with beautiful sunrise and sunset vistas. Nepalese food is not well known in the western world; don’t let that hinder you. The cheapest and often most delicious food can be found at the many street vendors that fill Pokhara’s downtown. Accommodations of all levels are present, making Pokhara, one of the most beautiful places in the world, accessible to hostel-hoppers and 5-star-ers alike.

Current ForecastbyWeather Underground