Port View Hotel Beirut
Member Reviews (3)Write a review
- Port View Hotel BeirutNov 20, 2012
Though we didn't spend much time there, the staff was reasonably friendly and courteous. Allowed free luggage storage without any fuss. Even spoke with the owner a bit, friendly guy who has lived several years in USA.
The room was basic, "queen" was two beds pushed together. A/C worked great, bathroom was very compact but adequate. Only complaint would be slight mildew smell.
Location was the best part, only 5-10 minutes walking from the heart of Gemmayzeh, a Christian neighborhood with amazing food and bars. So much variety and quality, there's something available at all hours.
Likes: Location, value price
Dislikes: Mildew smell, no true queen bed
- Port View Hotel BeirutMember ofLocal CultureBusiness TravelersWellness+ 4First to ReviewJul 03, 2012
This is a functional, but rather dated hotel on an average location in Beirut. The single room is a worn out miniature that is slightly unpleasant. The service was excellent, the reception desk was especially helpful and friendly. It is about 25mins walk to the ‘Saifi Village and Mohamed al-Amin Mosque’— major travellers' destinations. Do explore: Hamra Street and Jeita Grotto. Despite, it turns out to be a relatively good value as the cost of living in Beirut is generally high.
Mediocre81 reviews across the web.
- Location100% enjoyed the restaurants & bars nearby.
- Service100% found the staff to be very friendly.
- Hotel67% thought the cleanliness of the hotel was average.
- PriceBest value.
- Hotel BuildingAcceptable building.
- RestaurantSubstandard restaurant.