Things to do near Porto Marina Resort & Spa Alexandria
- 11.77 mi1.77 mi from Porto Marina Resort & Spa Alexandria16 reviews
- 22.05 mi2.05 mi from Porto Marina Resort & Spa Alexandria10 reviews
Amazing architecture inside and outside. Not a lot of books though. lots of empty shelves due to some censorships or lack of funding...Popular withHistoryStudentsLocal
- 31.65 mi1.65 mi from Porto Marina Resort & Spa Alexandria6 reviews
The Lighthouse of Alexandria is one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World. It was a tall structure, probably near 400 feet, that shown a light to guide boats toward the city. At that tall, it's light could potentially be seen about 30 miles away. The lighthouse isn't there anymore (all the Wonders save the pyramids are gone), but ...Popular withHistory
- 43.94 mi3.94 mi from Porto Marina Resort & Spa Alexandria1 review
The tombs or Kim Al Shouqafa are something straight out of an Indiana Jones movie. It's the last private graveyard dedicated to the old Egyptian religion, dug and carved out during the reign of the Antonine Emperors, Second Century A.D. The fusion of pharaoh-nic motifs embedded in Greco-Roman stonework (and vice versa) make this place uniquely creepy cool.
- 53.94 mi
- 62.2 mi2.2 mi from Porto Marina Resort & Spa Alexandria1 review
The 1923 built Royal Palace is now converted into the Royal Museum which houses the exquisite heirloom jewelry of the Muhammad Ali Dynasty (the royal family that ruled Egypt for about 170 years!). After a few renovations, this palace was reopened in 2006 but now post the revolution in 2011, stays closed most of the time - there was rumour ...Popular withLuxuryFamilies
- 71.77 mi1.77 mi from Porto Marina Resort & Spa Alexandria1 review
Interesting contrast of ruins perched on a hill amid the urban sprawl. The Pillar was larger than we though, but apart from a couple other small Sphinxs there is not much else to see. Not a particularly large area, you can probably finish in ~30 mins.
- 82.72 mi2.72 mi from Porto Marina Resort & Spa Alexandria1 review
If you have never visited a Roman Amphitheatre perhaps you will like it, however this hardly compared to ruins we have seen in Jordan/Syria and of course Europe.
- 96.16 mi6.16 mi from Porto Marina Resort & Spa Alexandria2 reviews
We enjoyed strolling through the gardens. On the northern tip there is a pier that has some nice views of the palace. Great place to get away from the noise/pollution of downtown
- 1030.8 mi