Portugal Travel Guide

Belem , Lisbon, Portugal

LGBT

• PortugalPro 2014

In spring, Europe’s westernmost capital, Lisbon, dresses in her prettiest pastels, swathed in faded glory and bathed in warm climes. Picturesque hues pervade al-fresco alleyways. A trip to Portugal is a fairytale fling in a country undergoing something of a renaissance, born again to appreciative Europhiles. Lisbon’s rows of red-roofed tiles and bleached limestone buildings are outlined by the brilliant blue Atlantic and accentuated by Miradors (viewpoints). Fairytale palace-clad Sintra blossoms in spring; its hilly cobbled streets a backdrop for many a movie. Cascais features a sweeping beachfront dotted with some seriously luxurious boutique hotels. And Porto is fast gaining recognition as a second capital of culture. Corinthia Hotel Lisbon is a firm favourite for its luxurious surroundings and the best concierge in town.

Recommended for:LGBTLocal Culture
  • PortugalAmbassadorPro 2014

Portugal has a vibrant culture and manageable sized cities that are quite pretty. I enjoyed the beautiful beaches and the city life. Portugal is also significantly more affordable than most Western European countries.

• PortugalPro 2014

We loved our time in Portugal. The food and wine were excellent and the people were very friendly. We even had a Fado night in Lisbon - an acquired taste.

• Portugal

I guess I'm biased, because I'm the child of Portuguese parents, and have been going since I was a baby. I love Tras-os-Montes, which is up north. It's very rural, full of small little towns, but that is what I love about Portugal. I love Lisbon, especially Estadio da Luz, Benfica's stadium. You should definitely visit Portugal!

• Portugal

Easily on my top 5 list of favorite countries I've been to. My friend wanted to go to Portugal, I've never been interested but I figured why not. I never thought I would love it as much as I did. First off, everything was cheap which is always nice when traveling. The people were so amazing...they are welcoming, proud people who love sharing their culture with others. I fell in love with their custard pastry and their chicken piri piri. Food was amazing! I really want to go back to explore further.

• Portugal

I traveled one day with my brothers and nephews.
    I go to hotel.
    In the street has restaurant,hotel and tower very high.

• Portugal

I loved it so much I moved here from the UK! The Silver coast is probably my favourite place due to the amazing beaches and it's close proximity to Lisbon The history, culture and architecture will wow you constantly and the Portuguese are the most helpful and genuine people I have come across in my travels. www.exploresilvercoast.com has a lot of accomodation and useful info

• Portugal

Really warm, lovely people and country! It was lots of fun and one of the best holidays i've had so far!!:)

• Portugal

Don't vacation here in the late fall/winter. Most of the little towns on the water are empty.

Recommended for:Outdoor EnthusiastsFamily TravelersStudentsHistory Buffs

great

• PortugalAmbassadorPro 2014
  • Portugal

Padrao dos Descobrimentos,cool place, but i'm had a bad luck in that nation!

• Portugal

very nice country total different way of life so layed back and idilick

• Portugal

stayed in albuefeira on the algarve, food to die for

• Portugal

so friendly and best food

• Portugal

Check out this video about Portugal...

• Portugal

very beautiful, very unique culture. makes for a great adventure!

hy

verry verry good

goog time there

Portugal has rivaled its larger Iberian cousin, Spain, for centuries – in the Renaissance, the two nations raced each other around the world in search of new lands, and the rivalry continues to this day as Portugal has emerged as one of the hippest spots in Europe. Many vacationers come here to see a few headline attractions here, such as Lisbon, Sintra, Porto and Portugal’s world-famous beaches, but travelers shouldn’t limit themselves to the status-quo itinerary as Portugal offers so much more. Visit Viana do Castelo, a small northern town that lies on the Rio Lima estuary and has great access to beaches and the surrounding countryside, or any of the smaller southern beach towns known for sand and swell such as Faro, Albufeira or Lagos. No matter where you decide to spend your time in Portugal, try some of the fried fish or grilled meats while enjoying Portugal’s own twist on Iberian nightlife (drinking in public areas is allowed in many cases).

130,596 people visited Portugal