Pousada Convento de Belmonte
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 98%History Buffs
Member Reviews (1)
- Pousada Convento de BelmonteMember ofGreen TravelersLocal CultureOutdoor Enthusiasts+ 6First to ReviewOct 15, 2012
Gayle and I spent a single night here during our Portugal Honeymoon last October. We had originally made a reservation for this Pousada after our first choice was booked that night. We were also on our way from Evora to the Douro Valley and didn't really know much about this section of Portugal.
In hindsight, the Pousada Convento de Belmonte was one of the most memorable highlights of our trip. The Pousada (and old Convent) is historical modern, the views were stunning, and the Village was an unexpected treat. We particularly enjoyed the Jewish quarter (including museum & synagogue), the old castle, Olive Oil Museum, and the powerful "New World" Museum, in honour of Pedro Alvares Cabral who discovered Brazil.
When we checked in, we mentioned to Paula that we were Newlyweds. So when we returned to our beautifully appointed room, there was a bottle of champagne on ice waiting for us! The common areas are comfortable and inviting, the restaurant was very good, and Gayle and I are now trying to figure out how to come back.Recommended for:History Buffs
Excellent!354 reviews across the web.
- Ambiance100% enjoyed the friendly atmosphere.
- Hotel Building100% said the facilities were very new.
- Service99% found the staff to be very friendly.
- Hotel94% thought it was clean.
- LocationLocation is great. 89% satisfied guests.
- GroundsPool was lovely, according to 77%.