A travelers destination. Full city block of books with coffee shop. It's easy to go in here, and so, so difficult to leave!
Things to do near Powell's City of Books
- 10.05 mi
- 20.11 mi414 Southwest 13th Avenue, Portland, OR0.11 mi from Powell's City of Books6 reviews
Gayle and I stopped by on the recommendation of a friend and we weren't disappointed. Since it was a relatively cold, damp, and overcast day, we both opted for the dark hot chocolate. It was really yummy and it was a perfect choice. The next time I'm here, I'll explore the intricacies of drinking chocolate and maybe some of the ...Popular with
- 30.18 mi213 Southwest Broadway, Portland, OR0.18 mi from Powell's City of Books8 reviews
Bailey's has a wide variety of beers. It's a popular place to go to if you're a beer connoisseur. The vibe is filled with ambiance but on Fridays and on the weekends, it can get crowded and noisy. Santeria is across the street and sells tacos and burritos, so if you want beer and burritos, you can sit at Bailey's ...Popular with
- 40.15 mi
- 50.16 mi1015 Northwest Everett Street, Portland, OR0.16 mi from Powell's City of Books5 reviews
Teardrop, you're so amazing, I just wanna cry. The cocktails here are INSANE! Rickey is such a master mixologist. It's riveting just watching him make a drink. Their happy hour specials are no joke. No weak ass drinks here, you will get at least 3 shots of alcohol in your glass and be buzzing after spending just $5. Their gin ...Popular with
- 60.07 mi
- 70.14 mi226 Northwest 12th Avenue, Portland, OR 97209-2950, United States0.14 mi from Powell's City of Books4 reviews
Portlanders are truly spoiled with all of your happy hour spots - and the fact that they happen daily kills me! After having some stiff cocktails around the corner at Teardrop, we decided to continue happy houring here. Vault is a swank martini bar in the Pearl that I would imagine hanging out frequently with my gal pals or fab ...Popular with
- 80.06 mi120 NW 10th Ave, Portland, OR 972090.06 mi from Powell's City of Books3 reviews
Great spice store - been buying their stuff online for ages, but this is an actual walk-in store. You can see and smell all of their spices and spice blends, and buy whatever you want in varying quantities. One of the high-quality features here is that the containers you use to smell the products are NOT the source of the ...
- 90.13 mi221 Northwest 10th Avenue, Portland, OR, United States0.13 mi from Powell's City of Books4 reviews
This is an awesome Jazz club, they are ranked number 10 in the world! Just a short cab ride away!Popular with
- 100.08 mi1210 NW Couch St, Portland, OR0.08 mi from Powell's City of Books6 reviews
I'm not a big fan of Whole Foods for numerous reasons I won't get into here, but I do want you to all know that you can get 2 hours of free parking in the underground parking lot here with any whole foods purchase! So worth it, especially if you're going to Powell's Books which only has a tiny--and frighteningly ...Popular with
- 110.06 mi921 Southwest Oak Street, Portland, OR0.06 mi from Powell's City of Books3 reviews
You want to experience a part of Portland which shows that an obscure subculture can become a successful business that sustains itself through the years? More than "putting a bird on it", the owner Chloe has made a stamp (her previous business in NW) on the city by taking zines from the past to the future. Just a block away ...
- 120.02 mi1109 West Burnside Street, Portland, OR0.02 mi from Powell's City of Books1 review
Wandering around Portland's Pearl District, It was awesome to stumble across an actual bricks-and-mortar retail outlet of my favorite New Zealand wool clothing brand. Sure, it's not cheap. But it's sustainable manufactured and with some care, one of these wool sweaters, jackets or pullover tops should last you 10 years.Popular with
- 130.19 mi820 Southwest Alder Street, Portland, OR0.19 mi from Powell's City of Books3 reviews
"Sometimes a Cigar is Just a Cigar." - Sigmund Freud And just like an attractive woman with a cigar, this Rich's exudes a intriguing combination of sex and power. And it doesn't hurt that this location is located near Portland's Living Room (Pioneer Square). Size does matter at this Rich's, and you'll find a huge selection of cigars, pipes, and ...Popular with
- 140.2 mi123 Southwest Broadway, Portland, OR, United States0.2 mi from Powell's City of Books2 reviews
This is my Son's neighborhood park and at 90+ acres, it's relatively huge. It has plenty of space to walk around in it's nicely wooded expanse, and has the other stuff that folks like including a baseball field, basketball court, tennis, picnic areas, and an off-leash area for Fido.Popular with
- 150.02 mi1036 West Burnside Street, Portland, Oregon0.02 mi from Powell's City of Books1 review
With a location on Burnside smack dab in the center of the city right across the street from Powell's Books this place gets in the best of the best of Portland's second-hand items! Great selection! And they seemed to be getting in new stuff all the time! I got some great shoes, which is not easy to do second hand. ...Popular with
- 160.21 mi
- 170.15 mi1011 Northwest Everett Street, Portland, Oregon0.15 mi from Powell's City of Books1 review
Wildest barbershop/hair salon I've ever seen! But then again this is Portland so I'm learning to expect the unexpected. We walked in and the place had murals on the walls and each station was decorated to the unique feel of each individual stylist. They said they could do the cut right away and offered each of us a complimentary cold ...Popular with
- 180.14 mi0.14 mi from Powell's City of Books2 reviews
Loved this store from the moment I walked in and saw some of my favorites (tartine cookbook, catbird jewelry, aesop creams). I'd been looking to get a reclaimed apothecary match box bottle on for sometime, but low and behold they had it right here in this store!! Even better since I originally planned to buy it on etsy, but now ...
- 190.23 mi110 Northwest Broadway, Portland, OR0.23 mi from Powell's City of Books2 reviews
So you're in Downtown Portland at night and you have a hankering to see a real core Drag Show? Something that combines trashy, glam, moments of quiet beauty, and the chance to get wittily insulted by the hostess? This is true Eleganza Extravaganza. The place has a deep history after City Nightclub (RIP) and Darcelle XV (RIP, but I think ...Popular with
- 200.06 mi912 West Burnside Street, Portland, OR0.06 mi from Powell's City of Books1 review
why is it that portland gets to have all of the fun? first i find they have ground kontrol which is a classic bar that has the best old school 80's arcade and pinball games. and now i find billy galaxy and they have the best pop culture memorabilia around. so many of the classic toys i had growing up ...