Things to do near Protea Hotel Fire & Ice Melrose Arch
- 11.91 mi1.91 mi from Protea Hotel Fire & Ice Melrose Arch8 reviews
Great way to spend a Sunday afternoon in Johannesburg. Find African art, sculptures and crafts on the rooftop.Popular withBudgetLocalDesign
- 23.14 mi
- 31.93 mi1.93 mi from Protea Hotel Fire & Ice Melrose Arch6 reviews
Mandela Square is a buzz of activity majority of which is dining and shopping. The gigantic sculpture of Nelson Mandela is what might draw you to Mandela Square, but it is not what will make your visit to the square memorable. What might is the Greek experience at Papa’s on the Square Restaurant...visit the restaurant for the weird Greek culture ...
- 44.34 mi
- 52.92 mi
- 64.75 mi4.75 mi from Protea Hotel Fire & Ice Melrose Arch1 review
Remarkably eclectic, only a small portion of the museum's collection is on display. But what is displayed is visually appealing and intellectually stimulating. The museum operates on the premise that in addition to paintings and sculptures "art" also encompasses many artifacts with aesthetic appeal.
- 74.21 mi4.21 mi from Protea Hotel Fire & Ice Melrose Arch1 review
Surrounded by reminders of the apartheid era, the Constitutional Court consists of 11 judges who pass judgment over fundamental human rights issues. The chambers are available for viewing as part of the Constitution Hill tour.
- 84.43 mi4.43 mi from Protea Hotel Fire & Ice Melrose Arch1 review
This beautiful, greenish, clear rocky glacier lake and stream is located just a short walk off the Mt. Edith Cavell Road. Worth a stop for the gorgeous view before or after hiking the Mount Edith Cavell Meadows trail.Popular withBackpackers
- 91.93 mi
- 104.8 mi
- 111.81 mi1.81 mi from Protea Hotel Fire & Ice Melrose Arch1 review
High speed train service between Sandton and O.R. Tambo International Airport cuts travel time to about 15 minutes instead of the 45 or so minutes it takes by car. The trains are clean and efficient. The stations are the same.
- 124.48 mi4.48 mi from Protea Hotel Fire & Ice Melrose Arch1 review
A massive structure that adjoins Constitution Hill, there are no signs indicating this is where Johannesburg's official life is located. In fact, I asked several people walking in the vicinity what the building was and none of them knew. Public tours are not available but the building provides a number of photo opportunities.
- 131.79 mi1.79 mi from Protea Hotel Fire & Ice Melrose Arch1 review
Located at one end of Nelson Mandela Square the outside of this library offers little out of the ordinary. But, step inside and the spiraling staircases will dazzle your eyes and inspire you to explore each level.
- 143.72 mi
- 154.52 mi4.52 mi from Protea Hotel Fire & Ice Melrose Arch1 review
A wonderful oasis of green hugging the filth of the central city while enhancing the already attractive Joburg Theater which is just above it.
- 162.18 mi
- 174.84 mi4.84 mi from Protea Hotel Fire & Ice Melrose Arch1 review
Every landlocked city needs a bridge and Johannesburg built their bridge over the city's railroad center. The bridge has visual appeal when viewed from afar and the relatively easy walk across provides good views of the Johannesburg skyline.
- 184.78 mi
- 198.37 mi
- 2011.52 mi11.52 mi from Protea Hotel Fire & Ice Melrose Arch9 reviews
This place has so much history to it! It's an amazing place and well worth the visit. Don't be afraid of it's bad reputation. Use common sense and know where you are going and you should be fine. And PLEASE don't treat it like an "Human Zoo" like some people do. Be respectful and you will meet some of the ...Popular withHistory