Quartino

626 N State St, Chicago, IL 60610

LGBT

Jen Knoedl @GogobotChicago
    5 Apr 22, 2013

Great spot for low-key lounging with friends or on a date. Located in the heart of River North, if you can snag a patio table, you'll be in people-watching heaven. Can't go wring with a pizza and house wine.

Gogobot Editors' Choice
    5 Oct 22, 2013

Grab a table on the patio for some excellent people watching as you quaff some vino and nibble on pizzas and small plates.

Recommended for:FoodiesLGBTLuxury Travelers
  • QuartinoPro 2014
    Sara Tracey
    5 Dec 28, 2013

Once, I went on a first date with a truly awful guy here, but it was okay because the house wine was $7 a bottle.

I love to order the antipasti platter and munch on salami and prosciutto and olives all afternoon.

Recommended for:Business TravelersFamily TravelersFoodies
    Karen Le
    4 Mar 11, 2013

Great place for good food and cheap prices! The Profiteroles is a must for dessert, the best I've had yet. There were so many things I wanted to try but didn't get to since the menu is so extensive. I suggest you come with a large party so you can sample everything and get an order of the olive and cheese platter. All the stuff I sampled, no complaints. The Sangria, clams, salads, pastas were all yum. The Risotto however, didn't fancy me. It looked like baby food mush and tasted bland. Service could have been better though, the food came out fast but then you were left unattended to the whole night. Ask for a postcard to take home with you at the end of the night!

Ashley
    3 Jul 06, 2012

This is a pretty cute little spot. It's definitely great for groups, especially ones that are prepared for the noisiness. I've been here a couple time and spilt a pizza and had some great pastas. Nothing mind-blowing, but still good. I also really think its a nice blend of casual and a little fancy. Plus, the outdoor seating is great.

Richard P

I stopped at Quartino prior to heading to the O'hare for my flight home to LA. We wanted to grab some food for our flight. I ended up ordering a Soprano pizza, topped with Veal Meatballs and Pickled Veggies (Cauliflower, Onion, Carrots, Peppers). It was very tasty. The staff was very nice as well, even offering us water as we waited for our to-go orders to be prepared.

Arit NC
    3 Jul 05, 2012

Tapas in the heart of downtown. I'd suggest going with a group of people. This isn't my favorite tapas restaurant in the city, but it's a good place to meet with friends and eat before a night out at one of the nearby bars.

The pasta dishes weren't very good, but the polenta fries are top notch.

Lorrie M

I really enjoyed Quartino despite having sort of an odd timed reservation here. We arrived early afternoon so we decided to have a quick snack at Quartino since we still had dinner that night.

When we arrived, it was an easy walk form Michigan and the restaurant was fairly empty when we were there mid-afternoon. It's nice to know this place is still open because I'm so used to places closing between lunch and dinner that it is sometimes hard to find something to eat.

We got a few little dishes to share including bruschetta and some small pasta salad as well as a prosciutto dish and they were all very yummy! I still can't get over the hard bread that you always get at these places ... I like my bread soft and my butter spreadable.

Overall, the service was, great, the restaurant definitely has a rustic small hole in the wall feel although it's quite large, and the bathrooms are really interesting!

Ling Huynh

This Italian place is borderline 3.5-4 stars for me. Even for a Sunday night at 9:30PM, it was still relatively packed and we had to wait about 20 minutes for a table.
    ___________________________
    Pros:
    - Great table buser service. Empty plates were taken away promptly.
    - Extra dishes placed directly on table: great for sharing food.
    - Pasta was perfectly al dente and even al-DENT-e if you know what I mean.
    - Prices were very affordable for the budget traveler wanting good Italian food.
    -----
    Cons:
    - Pasta and risotto tasted a little bland.
    - Not enough dressing in my Tre Colore salad...
    __________________________
    Overall a good dining experience:
    -Tre Colore Salad: 3.5 stars
    -Baby Spinach Salad: 3.5 stars
    -Pasta Alla Vodka: 3.5 stars
    -Tortellini: 4.5 stars- really cheesy! Yummmmm.
    -Risotto: 3.5 stars
    -Steamed clams: 4.5 stars. YUM! Excellent broth.
    -Profiteroles Dessert- 4.5 stars of yummy goodness! We should have ordered two!
    -Gran Coppa Quartino Dessert: 2.5 stars- It didn't have vanilla gelati!!!! And it tasted like regular ice cream. =[

Lauren Burroughs

I love this restaurant. It's similar to a Spanish tapas restaurant, but it serves Italian food. The staff is always nice, and the food is always spot on.

Tim H
    5 Apr 29, 2013

Great Italian small plate concept! Sister restaurant of Gibson's and Hugo Frog's.

Tamara