Going to Athens
Who's on this trip?
Trip Plan Details
- Parliament BuildingΛεωφόρος Βασιλίσσης Σοφίας 2, Athens, Greecerecommended Parliament BuildingI would recommend visiting on a day when there isn't a protest, but those seem few and far between lately. If you do go, be sure to find out when the guards change their station. Between the uniforms ... read moreand their march, I thought the changing of the guards in Athens was better than at Buckingham Palace.Lauren Baker
If you're there at the right time, don't miss the changing of the guard!
- New Acropolis MuseumΔιονυσίου Αρεοπαγίτου 15, Athens 11742, Greecerecommended New Acropolis MuseumIf you visit the Acropolis, you should really consider visiting this museum as well. I don't think I really had a sense of the rich history or what the Acropolis would have been like until I saw the ... read moremuseum. Great views of the Acropolis just up the hill and amazing exhibits. It really adds historical context and brings the Acropolis to life.Lauren Baker
Hi Rachel! The Acropolis is an obvious choice, but I think you're missing out if you only visit it and not this museum. It gives a ton of historical context to the site and you can see many of the actual marbles here.
- National Archaeological Museum44 Patission Street (aka 28 October), Athens 10682 Greece
- Parthenon Athens 11742, Greece
- AcropolisDionysiou Areopagitou Street, Athens 105 58 Greece
commented on this trip
With a short amount of time in Athens, I would actually recommend doing the hop on hop off bus! It is a great way to get a glimpse of a little bit of everything on your own schedule.
I high recommend going to the Parthenon, it is such an amazing architectural feat.