Trip Plan Details
- Lucy's Fried Chicken5408 Burnet Roadrecommended Lucy's Fried ChickenThis is the second location for Austin's Lucy's Fried Chicken. It's an amazing place. The atmosphere alone is worth the visit. So relaxed and fun. The entire place is painted in vibrant, warm colors. ... read moreThe walls, the tables, the chairs, the jukebox inside...makes such an inviting atmosphere. Oh, and the food! Probably THE best fried chicken I've had. I'm a huge mac and cheese fan. I've had all kinds and I really feel like the most simple mac and cheese is gonna be your best bet. You'll always come back to it because you know what to expect and it has the feeling of home about it. Their mac and cheese was exactly that. I enjoyed every second of this place and can't wait to go back.Recommended for:LaRaye Rushing
This would be a good dinner stop after you visit Torchy's for lunch. Austin loves it's food trucks! Torchy's and Lucy's are both places that started out as a food truck and grew into a huge following allowing them to move into brick and mortars. They have one down south and up north for whichever side of town you land on. Happy trails and tummies.
recommended TownlakeOne of my favorite things to do is go running around townlake. It is a perfect way to enjoy beautiful views of downtown Austin, enjoy the weather (if it isnt the summer) and just relax. Highly ... read morerecommended and you can take stops along the way as well.
- Kebabalicious450 7th St, Austin, TXrecommended KebabaliciousI Fu$ken love Kebabalicious. This is some of the best drunk or sober trailer food to eat. I use to go to this cart after partying on 6th street to have a "hit the spot" snack. The line at night can be ... read morea little long at times, but you will be happy to wait. They go as fast they can. I recommend the mixed kebab and always get the big size. The food is always great. I have had the food sober too and it is also good. We dont have a ton of arabic/Mediterranean options in town and this is one of the better ones.Recommended for:Amit Anandwala
While it is sometimes difficult to keep track of their operating hours and locations, their Kebabs are worth the hassle
- Easy Tiger709 E 6th St, Austin, Texasrecommended Easy TigerIf you are a beer drinking girl, then you will love this place. Located on dirty 6th, close to the highway this beer joint has about 40+ beers on tap or in bottles and has plenty of outdoor seating ... read moreandeven a couple of ping pong tables as well. They also serve some great casual food like pretzels and sandwiches. From here it is an easy walk to the East side, Rainey Street or anywhere else downtown.Recommended for:Amit Anandwala
This is one of my favorite to go to spots in austin. There is always a good energy about the place, great beer and great food and the ping pong tables help.
- Frank407 Colorado Street, Austin, TXrecommended FrankFrank serves up some doggone delicious gourmet dogs in a uber hipster space. Skip the plain dog and go for their artisan ones. I had the Notorious PIG - Housemade pork, bacon, jalapeno & sage sausage ... read morewith macaroni & cheese, Texas BBQ sauce - basically a heart attack waiting to happen. Their waffle fries are a must order - get them dressed up with chili cheese. Don't forget to check out their shop in the back where you'll find kitschy gift items like PBR flasks and cans of Marshmallow Fluff.
- Lustre Pearl97 Rainey Street, Austin, TX, United Statesrecommended Lustre PearlLustre Pearl is a gem of a bar on the hipster Rainey Street. Going for that shack chic look, each room inside has a ton of character with exposed wood and vintage fixtures. Get their speciality ... read morestrawberry infused moonshine, bring it outside (or chill in the AC rooms inside if it's sweltering out), grab a hula hoop or ping pong paddle for some extra fun. There's also a taco truck parked out back if you're hungry for some small bites.
- Torchy's Tacos1311 South 1st Street, Austin, TXrecommended Torchy's TacosSome of the most inventive and delicious tacos I've ever had can be found in a food trailer park. I tried their special taco, The American with fried chicken, The Republican with italian sausage, ... read moreTrailer Park with fried chicken and the Green Chile Pork. The pork was definitely the winner even though it was the most typical of all the choices. There's a large covered seating area in the lot so you can enjoy your food without melting in the sun.Recommended for:Foodies
- Holy Cacao, Inc.1311 South First Street, Austin, TXrecommended Holy Cacao, Inc.Cake shakes... I don't really understand them except for the fact that they blend two of my favorite things together: cake and ice cream. They are seriously deadly and rich... so splitting one among ... read moretwo or three isn't a problem. It can be found in one of the many areas where food trucks gather just a little off of South Congress (Austin seriously has the most food trucks I have ever seen!).Katie Pierce
I LOVED this food truck. It's only really for the sweet tooth folks, but it is so good. I love the idea of having your cake and ice cream together. Plus it's refreshing as Austin can get so warm!
- South Congress AvenueSouth Congress Ave and E Riverside Dr, Austin, TX 78704recommended South Congress AvenueI thought this was by far my favorite area of Austin. It has great shops, tons of restaurants/food trucks and a retro flair to most of the storefronts.Katie Pierce
This is a really fun and quirky area with a few shops, restaurants and, obviously, food trucks. If you are a fan of street art, you will definitely pass some on this road (there's a large mural right by Home Slice Pizza).
- Broken Spoke3201 South Lamar Boulevard, Austin, TX
- Barton Springs Pool2201 Barton Springs Road, Austin, TX 78746-5736recommended Barton Springs PoolThe best way to beat the heat in Austin. Barton springs is a massive, natural springs pool just outside the city. On a hot day, people come to congregate - swimming or just hanging out on the grass ... read morehill around the pool. The water is pretty cold - feels great on a hot day. Great for kids or adults. The best though is to go at night on a warm night!
- Bats Underneath Congress Bridge100 Congress Avenue, Austin, TX 78701-4020recommended Bats Underneath Congress BridgeAt sunset, people congregate on the Congress Bridge to watch as hundreds of thousands of bats fly out from their daytime roosting place under the bridge. It is a pretty awesome sight.Travis Katz
This is amazing