Raffles Hotel Singapore
Phone:+65 6337 1886
- Business Center
- Fitness Center
- Room Service
- Swimming Pool
- TV In Room
- Hair Dryer
- Air Conditioning
- In-House Bar
- Meeting Rooms
- In-House Dining
- Wake Up Service
- Mini Bar In Room
- Show more
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 98%Luxury Travelers
- 90%History Buffs
- 66%Local Culture
- 59%Business Travelers
- 57%Art & Design Lovers
- 51%Outdoor Enthusiasts
- 51%Spiritual Seekers
Member Reviews (41)
- Raffles Hotel SingaporeMember ofNightlife LoversLocal CultureOutdoor Enthusiasts+ 7Jul 05, 2012
I dont know if its true that its the home of the Singapore Sling but its got a very kitchy atmosphere with there nearly $20 usd singapore sling and plentiful peanuts.. the shells you can throw on the floor. hahahaha Such novelty!
- Raffles Hotel SingaporeMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsFoodies+ 4Nov 03, 2013
This is a very distinctive property and is certainly one of the very best in Singapore. That said it isn't perfect.
The rooms and butler service at the property are exceptional.
- spacious rooms
- retains historical features without feeling antiquated
- butlers are very attentive and pay attention to all of the little details (having coffee delivered with your wake up call is a real treat)
There are a few issues with the hotel
- beds aren't very comfortable. Duvets are very light weight (and air conditioning is difficult to control so it can get cold at night)
- service at food and beverage outlets is mixed. Service levels are normal for Singapore (i.e., bad) but not acceptable for a 5-star
- rooms could use some tech upgrades (more outlets, newer televisions with better in-room cable)
- rooms on lower floors can be noisy -- floors creak loudly when other guests walk around
All-in-all this is a great place and staying at the hotel is an experience.
- Raffles Hotel SingaporeMember ofOutdoor EnthusiastsFoodiesLuxury Travelers+ 1Sep 14, 2013
Yes, it's a legend and expensive. But today, although exceedingly comfortable Raffles is testament to the Disney-fication of Singapore's heritage as the island seems resigned to taking its place as the stopover-of-choice for paunchy Europeans and Americans on their way to somewhere else. If paying this prices in Singapore, personally I'd opt for the Fullerton or Mandarin if staying centrally.
- Raffles Hotel SingaporeMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 2Aug 29, 2013
The Raffles Hotel is one of the oldest and most historic buildings in all of Singapore. It's a charming colonial enclave among all the modern skyscrapers which dominate Singapore. I would suggest you go to the bar section and order a Singapore Sling. It's their most famous cocktail drink and supposedly originated there. The bar apparently makes at least a thousand a day.
- Raffles Hotel SingaporeMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 6Apr 02, 2013
Opened in 1899, it was named after Singapore's founder Sir Stamford Raffles. Managed by Raffles International, it is known for its luxurious accommodation and superb restaurants. The hotel houses a tropical garden courtyard, museum and Victorian-style theatre. Raffles Hotel has a shopping arcade housing boutique brands. The third floor of the arcade houses the Raffles Hotel Museum and Jubilee Hall.
I haven't stayed at the Raffles, but I came here to admire the architecture, shop, and enjoy a Singapore Sling at their really cool Colonial Bar.Recommended for:Luxury Travelers
- Raffles Hotel SingaporeMember ofOutdoor EnthusiastsFoodiesLuxury Travelers+ 3Jul 05, 2012
Stately. Classic. Traditional. Iconic. These are the first words that come to my mind at the mention of Raffles Singapore. The colonial styled architecture and the vast inner courtyards with grown coconut trees are very impressive.
Dining options at Raffles Hotel include a restaurant and a bar/lounge. Room service is available 24 hours a day. Recreational amenities include an outdoor pool, a spa tub, a sauna, a fitness facility, and a steam room. The property's full service health spa has massage/treatment rooms and beauty services. This 5.0 star property has a business center and offers small meeting rooms, secretarial services, and a technology helpdesk. High speed Internet access is available in public areas. This Singapore property has event space consisting of banquet facilities, conference/meeting rooms, a ballroom, and exhibit space. The property offers an airport shuttle (surcharge). Business services, wedding services, limo/town car service, and translation services are available. Guest parking is available for a surcharge. Additional property amenities include a poolside bar, valet parking, and a concierge desk.
There are 103 guestrooms at Raffles Hotel. Guestrooms are all accessible via exterior corridors. Guestrooms have balconies. Bathrooms feature separate bathtubs and showers, phones, makeup/shaving mirrors, and designer toiletries. In addition to CD players, guestrooms offer multi line phones with voice mail. Televisions have premium satellite channels and DVD players. Air conditioned rooms also include separate sitting areas, desks, minibars, and ceiling fans. Guests may request hypo allergenic bedding and wake up calls. A nightly turndown service and housekeeping are available.
Additional fees and deposits may be charged by the property at time of service, check in, or check out.
Excellent!806 reviews across the web.
- Guests recommend this hotel for a romantic getaway.
- Guests think this is a wonderful family hotel.
- Hotel94% thought it was clean.
- Ambiance93% enjoyed the friendly atmosphere.
- Location90% liked the proximity to shopping.
- Service89% found the staff to be very friendly.
- Hotel BuildingVery nice building. 81% satisfied guests.
- GroundsPool was lovely, according to 76%.