recommended Lefkada Island (Lefkas)I can't describe in words the beauty, the colors, the aroma -the energy and the light- of this Island. Go and feel, smell, hear and taste......then you will Know !.Comment.about 2 years ago. Report
commented on this list
Also, worth checking out my London Guide:
commented on this list
Hi Rajil, if money is no object then Knightsbridge/Kensington area are nice. Hyde Park and Kensington Gardens are great parks for the kids and adults. There is great shopping and loads of museums. And, from there public transport is not too bad. There are alot of very lovely flats to rent for short term during that time.
Another area, where my family lives, is around Primrose Hill. There loads of parks, nice village atmosphere, though still in town and a quick tube or bus ride anywhere. Very child friendly area.
If your interest is to be closer to the Olympic Village then the other area to consider is Southbank. It's far more urban and little green space, though you are right on the river and in the midst of tons of things to do / see - Tate Modern, Globe Theatre, Tower of London, etc.
- Southbank CentreBelvedere Rd, London, United Kingdomrecommended Southbank CentreThe Southbank Centre has loads of interesting performances, many free, and is located right on the river. Bar, cafe, and free wifi inside make it a good stop in central London if you want to hang out ... read moresomewhere besides Starbucks.Julia P
Walk along the Southbank and stop at the Southbank Centre to catch a free show.
- The British MuseumGreat Russell Street, London WC1B 3 United Kingdomrecommended The British MuseumMost of the Parthenon was literally carted over to England and set up in a giant room here. One of Britain's most famous museum, the Rosetta Stone is another marvel displayed here. The photo ops are ... read moreamazing, and, since it's free, you can't go wrong just stopping in for a quick look at, oh, most of ancient Greece.Julia P
Great to do with kids.
- Bloomsbury SquareGreat Russell Street, London, United Kingdomrecommended Bloomsbury SquareFamous square in central London. Green and charming.Julia P
Bloomsbury is the last neighborhood I'd recommend. The most central of the recommendations I've given you, it's also more urban, but then you can walk places with your family. It's also extremely beautiful.
- Primrose Hill61 Chalcot Road, London, Greater London NW1 8LY, United Kingdom
- Notting HillNotting Hill, London W11 3HT, UKrecommended Notting HillOnce a rundown bohemian immigrant enclave, Notting Hill is one of London's posher neighborhoods and known for being attractive to Americans after the Hugh Grant/Julia Roberts rom-com of the same ... read moretitle. No guarantees on a fairy tale ending here, but you'll find good restaurants, easy tube access, and Portobello Market all within arm's reach.Julia P
Here are a couple cool neighborhoods, Rajil.