Ramada Gaslamp/Convention Center
- Business Center
- Fitness Center
- Room Service
- Data Ports
- Hair Dryer
- Air Conditioning
- In-House Bar
- Clothing Iron
- In-House Dining
- Wake Up Service
- Coffee & Tea Maker
- Car Rental Desk
- Show more
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 98%History Buffs
Member Reviews (4)
- Ramada Gaslamp/Convention CenterMember ofHistory BuffsLocal CultureOutdoor Enthusiasts+ 8First to ReviewJul 05, 2012
I like this hotel because of it's history and location. It's right in the heart of the Gaslamp Quarter and walking distance to everything. It is the old Hotel St. James, so the rooms are very dated and the elevator is VERY slow. Yet, there's a good restaurant attached to it and the coolest thing they offer is free access to their rooftop which allows you to see all of the Gaslamp and SD while taking food drinks up there as you choose.
Planned my buddy's bachelor party here and I wasn't disappointed.Recommended for:History Buffs
- Ramada Gaslamp/Convention CenterAug 23, 2012
My husband and I stayed at the Ramada Gaslamp on our honeymoon and we absolutely loved it! There is undoubtedly a classic feel and charm to this beautiful and historic hotel. It may not be the most "cutting edge" and "up-to-date" spot but I guarantee, what it lacks in todays expectation of luxury and comfort it definitely makes up for in historic CHARM! We had such a great time! We've decided to make the Gaslamp Ramada our home everytime we stay in San Diego!!
Dining options at Ramada Gaslamp Convention Center The Historic St James Hotel include a restaurant and a bar/lounge. Room service is available. Recreational amenities include a fitness facility. Wireless Internet access is available in public areas. The property has an airport shuttle, which is complimentary. Business services and concierge services are available. Additional property amenities include multilingual staff and ATM/banking services.
There are 99 guestrooms at Ramada Gaslamp Convention Center The Historic St James Hotel. Bathrooms feature hair dryers. Guestrooms offer voice mail and complimentary weekday newspapers. Televisions have cable channels. Air conditioned rooms also include coffee/tea makers, ceiling fans, irons/ironing boards, and clock radios. Guests may request hypo allergenic bedding, extra towels/bedding, and wake up calls. Housekeeping is available. Cribs (infant beds) and rollaway beds are available on request.
Notifications and Fees:
- There are no room charges for children 16 years old and younger who occupy the same room as their parents or guardians, using existing bedding.
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check in, or check out.
- Valet parking: US$ 20 per day
- Rollaway bed: US$ 10 per day
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Mediocre907 reviews across the web.
- Guests recommend this hotel for solo travelers.
- Guests recommend this hotel for a romantic getaway.
- Location98% enjoyed the nightlife nearby.
- Service95% found the staff to be very friendly.
- Hotel89% thought it was clean.
- Food76% found the breakfast to be wonderful.
- PricePrice is reasonable. 76% of guests mentioned it positively.
- Hotel Building66% thought the facilities needed updating.