- Hotel San Jose1316 S Congress, Austin, TX 78704Hotel San Jose is a quintessential Austin hotel with a soul. The chic modern oasis, located in the heart of the bustling South Congress neighborhood, San Jose offers intimate, artfully designed hotel ... read morerooms, as well as a picturesque courtyard that is open to the general public. Fabulous retail and dining options are all just a short walk away.
- The Mohawk912 Red River Street, Austin, TX, United StatesThe Mohawk is one of Austin's best music venues and is home to a diverse creative culture. Known for its incredibly friendly bartenders--most of whom are hirsute gentlemen who are also members of ... read moreAustin's Facial Hair Clubs. Visitors might recognize them from their starring roles in the IFC network's "Whisker Wars." Needless to say, it's a laid back venue, with ice cold Lone Star and ample outdoor space to see some of the world's best entertainers.
- Alamo Drafthouse Austin: Downtown320 East 6th Street, Austin, TX, United StatesA trip to Austin isn't complete without experiencing the city's crowned cinematic jewel. Now with four locations, the Drafthouse delivers dinner, drinks, wild events and movies all under one roof. ... read moreIt's the most fun you'll ever have in a cinema, especially if you attend special weekly and seasonal events like Weird Wednesdays (free, late night showings of bizarre B-movies from the '70s), holiday sing-a-long showings and the hilarious Master Pancake Theatre ("Austin's favorite movie mocking maestros") screenings.
Cheap drinks. A shady, dog-friendly patio. Tasty bar food, including a killer brunch menu. And local-oriented special events, art shows and live music. The Yellow Jacket Social Club is one of the most ... read morepopular East Austin hangouts for locals and travelers. Even when the casual hotspot gets crowded during brunch (try the picadillo empanadas) or late Saturday nights, the atmosphere is always casual and inviting.
- Broken Spoke3201 South Lamar Boulevard, Austin, TXThe Broken Spoke, a South Austin icon since 1964, is the best place in town to get Austin's real Lone Star culture. The rustic dancehall (open Tues.- Sat.), now surrounded by South Lamar's modern ... read morehigh-rise condos and mixed-use developments, is the most famous honky-tonk in town, attracting a diverse crowd, from lifelong regulars and silver-haired aficionados to hipsters and tourists. Show up early to enjoy the Spoke’s legendary chicken fried steak and warm up with a dance lesson (Wed-Sat) before the crowds arrive for a lively evening of live country music and good ol' Texas two-stepping.
- Clive Bar609 Davis Street, Austin, TX, United States
- Ego's510 South Congress Avenue, Austin, TX, United States
- Justine's4710 East 5th Street, Austin, TX
- Easy Tiger709 E 6th St, Austin, Texas
- East Side Showroom1100 East 6th Street, Austin, TX
Help Ramona Flume create a great list.Add a Recommendation