Trip Plan Details
- Austin Children's Museum201 Colorado Street, Austin, TX, United States
- Hoover's Cooking2002 Manor Rd, Austin, TX 78722
- Home Slice Pizza1415 S Congress Ave, Austin, TX 78704
- iFLY Austin13265 North Highway 183, Austin, TX, United States
- TopGolf2700 Esperanza Crossing, Austin, TX, United States
- ContigoAnchor Lane, Austin, TexasNew restaurants and bars seem to appear every week in town, but Contigo (modeled after the Contigo Ranch in South Texas) captures the best of Austin's unique design and culinary sensibilities. The ... read moreEast Austin eatery (dinner and brunch) is an open-aired establishment that likes to keep things simple. From the rustic, refined design aesthetic, complete with hardwood picnic tables and leather-backed chairs to the elevated "bar food"-- exquisite small plates, like ox tail sliders, grilled kale and confit chicken wings. The delicious dishes paired with an equally tempting list of local beers and specialty cocktails, make it the perfect place for a date, family gathering or any other kind of friendly gathering.
- Hampton Inn & Suites Austin - Downtown / Convention Center200 San Jacinto Blvd, Austin, TX 78701Rooms are basic, but comfortable and highlights like the convenient downtown location and a scenic rooftop pool make it a bargain for business or weekend travelers. It's easy to walk to most of ... read moredowntown's best restaurants and bars and other attractions, like South Austin are only a short drive away. A hot breakfast is also complimentary for guests at the downstairs Cafe Crepe.
- Courtyard Austin Downtown / Convention Center300 East 4th Street, Austin, TX, 78701The Courtyard Austin Downtown is a comfortable, full-service hotel for downtown visitors or business travelers who need direct access to the Austin Convention Center. An onsite parking garage and ... read morevalet, not to mention quick, pedestrian access to countless restaurants, bars and local businesses add to the convenience. Guest rooms are spacious and clean and the common areas, like the indoor pool, fitness center and Champion's bar and restaurant, are inviting.
- El Chilito2219 Manor Road, Austin, TX 78722, United StatesThis casual walk-up taqueria offers affordable interior Mexican and Tex-Mex staples, like fresh guacamole --all handmade to order in a quintessentially Austin atmosphere of colorful picnic tables and ... read morea covered side patio space that is kept heated and stocked with warm Mexican ponchos for patrons during the winter. Make sure to try the agua frescas of the day, like watermelon and mango, or the homemade sangria!
- Bats Underneath Congress Bridge100 Congress Avenue, Austin, TX 78701-4020A lot of freaky visitors pass through Austin, but the most notable crowd might be the city’s seasonal population of inner city bats. Each spring, more than 1 million Mexican free-tailed bats inhabit ... read morethe dark nooks and crannies underneath downtown’s Congress Avenue Bridge, constituting North America’s largest urban bat colony until migrating again in October. Every night around dusk, hundreds of locals and tourists alike flock to the southeast end of the bridge (A cloying guano stench helps to guide first timers) to see the flapping black cloud of wings that emerge by the thousands on their nightly search for food. Bypass the organized batwatching cruises and get a nice overhead view from the bridge’s pedestrian sidewalks or, from below, on a picnic blanket on the grassy slopes just under the bridge.
- Travaasa Austin13500 Farm to Market Road 2769, Austin, TX 78726Despite only being a quick 30-minute drive from downtown, Travaasa Austin provides the opportunity, not only to relax, but to completely shed the inhibitions of daily city life. The resort and spa, ... read morenestled on a sprawling 210-acre nature preserve in the heart of the Hill Country, is a place where you can experience things you’ve heard about, but never had the chance to try, like slack lining, mechanical bull riding and even horse whispering, through a full itinerary of complementary cultural experiences.
- Austin Motel1220 S. Congress St., Austin, TX 78704Austin is in a continual state of flux these days, but one thing will always stay the same: the Austin Motel will always be hip. It's a refreshing stalwart of the city's local charm, with a hodgepodge ... read moreof colors and eclectic designs characterizing each of the rooms (no two are alike) and a 1950s era kidney-shaped swimming pool shaded by old-growth trees, all just a few feet away from the rapidly changing and expanding tourist attraction that is South Congress Avenue. One noteworthy highlight--the adjacent Snack Bar cafe provides guests with delicious, small plate specialties (all natural and organic) for breakfast, lunch dinner and even in-room deliveries.
- Barton Springs Pool2201 Barton Springs Road, Austin, TX 78746-5736Austin is known for its unique, laid back atmosphere and natural Hill Country beauty--and Barton Springs is a legendary symbol of that special ambiance. Nestled in the middle of town, the spring fed ... read morepool is filled with fun-loving locals and visitors, splashing around in the brisk water (68 degrees year round) or basking in the hot Texas sun on the adjacent sloping hills of green grass. All you need is $3, a towel and reading material, because, trust me, you'll want to stay awhile.
- Zilker Park2100 Barton Springs Road, Austin, TX 78746Zilker Park is Austin's all-encompassing recreation hub, offering luscious green acres of prime downtown space for visitors of all ages to enjoy. Whether you're taking your dog to play on a quiet ... read moreMonday morning or enjoying the citywide blowouts, like the annual Kite Festival or Austin City Limits Music Festival, Zilker is Austin's natural playground.
Help Ramona Flume plan a great trip.Add a Recommendation