Going to Los Angeles, California, USA
Who's on this trip?
Trip Plan Details
- Aquarium of the Pacific100 Aquarium Way, Long Beach, CA 90802-8126recommended Aquarium of the PacificBest place to see sharks and jellyfish.Recommended for:recommended Aquarium of the PacificBeautiful public aquarium in Long Beach. Great exhibits.Recommended for:Arlo Hemphill
Long Beach is very industrial and a little rough. You can probably find something in your price range, but it is not the most pleasant part of Southern California to live in. The Aquarium there is very nice though!
commented on this trip
It's doable to find a studio apartment for $700 in Long Beach but it will be in the not so safe areas and the quality... won't be so good (unless you know the rental property people). The nicer places start at 1000/month.
Lakewood may have cheaper places.
recommended Van NuysRecommended for:Arlo Hemphill
For the cheapest rent in a decent area, many people on a budget turn to the areas of the valley closest to LA proper. Van Nuys, Receda and Burbank are all good places to look with easy access to the freeways and thus main arteries into downtown LA. The valley communities are pretty quiet, fairly safe and family oriented for the most part. The downside is that it gets hot as blazes here in the summer! Find a place with a swimming pool and air conditioning!
- Silver Lake Farmers Market3250 Glendale Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA, United Statesrecommended Silver Lake Farmers MarketRecommended for:Arlo Hemphill
For rent that's less expensive than the beaches, but still in a fun and happening area, you'll want to look in Silver Lake. This is on the other side of Hollywood from the beaches, but it has a young, fun crowd and lot of parks and activities.
- Venice Beach1905 Ocean Front Walk, CArecommended Venice BeachOff the somewhat trashy (yet loads of fun) boardwalk, lies one of the most beautiful beaches in Southern California. Truly worlds away from most of the L.A., this beach is "the beach" for many ... read moreAngelinos - and just a nice, warm and sunny place to relax and have a good time.Recommended for:Arlo Hemphill
For that price range, it is going to be difficult to find anything close to the beach. I used to live in a one room studio in Marina del Rey and paid $1100/month. However, if there is anything cheaper out there, it will be in the heart of Venice Beach. It might not be a lovely building, but the neighborhood is a lot of fun!
- Griffith Park4730 Crystal Springs Dr, Los Angeles, CA
- Downtown Los Angeles202 West 1st Street, Los Angeles, CA, United States
- Abbot Kinney BlvdAbbot Kinney Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90291
- Los Angeles County Museum of Art (LACMA)5905 Wilshire Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA, United States
- Beverly Center8500 Beverly Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90048-3304
- The Getty Center1200 Getty Center Drive, Los Angeles, CA 90049-1666
- La Brea Tar Pits 5801 Wilshire Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90036-4539
- Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)8100 Westchester Pkwy, Los Angeles, CA 90045