Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to? Join now
- 98%Nightlife Lovers
Member Reviews (10)Write a review
- Rex HotelMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 2
The Rex Hotel is a famous hotel in Vietnam that was infamously bombed during the Vietnam War. Today, it has rebuilt and refurbished itself as a swanky hotel in the ritzy section of Saigon. The balcony has the Rex Bar, which has a band playing popular American music every night. Also, make sure you order cafe sua da.Recommended for:
- Rex HotelMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBusiness Travelers+ 7
I stayed at the Rex last Spring at the start and end of my trip. It's in a great location that is very central to many attractions and the main city itself. Walking distance to plenty. Please note, Saigon is a very diverse city. The Rex is located in what would be the equivalent of Manhattan's 5th Avenue. However most of the city is a bit run down, though I found it to be pretty safe.It's a beautiful hotel with a huge rooftop with great views. Plus on top of that it has two other rooftop sections with pools! It also has a great Spa where I am a phenomenal message and it has a number of good restaurants. The service was great and it has a lot of personality and Vietnamese flavor to it. The rooms are nice size and well done and the lobby is is huge and beautiful. The staff was great and very helpful. Highly recommended.
- Rex HotelMember ofLocal CultureBudget TravelersFoodies+ 2
I didn't actually stay here, but I did enjoy a drink at the rooftop bar while a live band played. T'was a magical night! If you're looking for something to do after dark but don't feel like raging, this is a great option.
- Rex HotelMember ofLocal CultureBudget TravelersBusiness Travelers+ 4
What an amazing view of Saigon from the Rex Hotel Bar at the very top of the hotel! This was the first American built hotel in Vietnam, and was where the American Military held press conferences almsot daily during the Vietnam War. Also, this was the nerve center for the American CIA during those war years.
- Business Center
- Fitness Center
- Room Service
- Swimming Pool
Excellent!1321 reviews across the web.
- Guests say it is the perfect hotel for a city trip.
- Guests recommend this as a luxury hotel.
- Location98% liked the proximity to shopping.
- Service93% found the staff to be very friendly.
- Hotel Building92% loved the terrace.
- Room89% said the beds were comfortable.
- Restaurant88% found the breakfast to be wonderful.
- Hotel79% considered it to be very well-maintained.