Reykjavik Restaurants

Filter restaurants by: Cuisine
Map view

Bæjarins Beztu Pylsur

Bollagarðar 4 -170 Seltjarnarn, Pósthússtræti, Reykjavik, Iceland

People go on and on about how wonderful Icelandic hotdogs are. Yes they are good. And yes Icelanders like them. And yes they're a fun thing to do to for a proper Iceland experience...But...they are only hotdogs! This hot dog stand near the harbor is particularly good and if you you only have one in Iceland why not go here.

Popular withFoodiesBudgetLocal

Tapas Barinn

Vesturgötu 3b, Reykjavik 101 Iceland

Extremely well-prepared tapas with an international flair. The Icelandic Journey 7-course chef's choice meal was wicked expensive, but very good. The sangria is not too good, don't waste your money on that.

Sægreifinn

Tryggvagata, 101 Reykjavik, Iceland

One of my friend recommended me the Saegreifinn - Sea Baron in English - and I am glad she did! I am not the biggest fan on seafood, but the Lobster Soup is absolutely monumental. You cannot go to Reykjavik without stopping by. The restaurant is quite small and cozy, and is located in a old fisherman's hut. The decor ...

Fish Market

Aðalstræti, Reykjavik, Iceland

Delicious food! I loved the decor of the restaurant even it did not have much to do with Iceland (kind of a ZEN-style)

Popular withLuxuryFoodiesBusiness

Hamborgara Búllan

Geirsgötu 1, 101 Reykjavik, Iceland

Really great hamburger place in Reykjavik. If you wanna have cosy, yet narrow experience among the icelandic people go here! It's a great place with a really warm atmosphere.

Popular withLocalFoodiesBudget

The Laundromat Cafe

Austurstraeti 9, Reykjavik, Iceland

Love this little cafe/bar! Travelers paradise with world maps as wall paper and art of love surrounding the bar. Walk downstairs and you'll find a laundromat! The pastries are so delicious here - try the cookies! Great place to also grab a drink with friends without the hustle and bustle of the clubs and other rowdier bars in the area!

Popular withLocalFamiliesTrendsters

Icelandic Fish and Chips

Tryggvagata 11, 101 Reykjavik, Iceland

Icelandic Fish and Chips Organic Bistro is located in the Harbour area and does it's English equivalent one better. No grease-fest here, as my light and crisp barley battered cod (with "skyronnaise) and seasoned potato wedges (with a pint of beer to wash it all down) were excellent. There was a line out the door when I arrived, but it ...

Popular withBusinessFamiliesBudget

Fjalaköttur

Adalstraeti 16, Reykjavik 101 Iceland

We had our last meal at this restaurant . We wanted to go to another popular restaurant where we´ve been two nights before in this area but was fully booked. We will never forget . we had our best dinner How lucky we were!. .... We had an excellent reasonably priced bottle of wine. The wine list is very special ...

Café Paris

Reykjavik, Iceland

wow its a nice place for all its so very simple but is beautiful place for meeting & others bussines geart place in town

Popular withFamiliesOutdoorBusiness

Fiskfélagið/Fishcompany

Vesturgata 2a, Grófartorg, Reykjavik, Iceland

Great meal, surveying lots of different Icelandic Cuisine. Get the tasting menu. Somehow the local salmon sashimi was THE BEST sushi I've ever had (and I've been to Tokyo and SF). Definitely expensive, but not out of bounds for a great restaurant in Reykjavik.

Popular withLocalFoodiesNightlife

Svarta Kaffi

Laugavegur 54a, 101 Reykjavík, Iceland

Really charming restaurant that offers soup in a bread bowl. Everyday they offer two different flavors, one non-vegetarian and one vegetarian. The day I went to visit they had mushroom soup and reindeer soup on the menu. Overall a really cosy place with great staff and atmosphere :-)

Popular withVegetarianBackpackersFoodies

Grillmarkaðurinn (The Grill Market)

Lækjargata, 101 Reykjavík, Iceland

The lobster meal melts in your mouth.

Nonnabiti

Hafnarstræti 9, 101 Reykjavik, Iceland

This is one of the hidden "gems" in Icelandic fast food flora. It is especially popular late in the evening and should always be last stop of the pub crawl. It is really easy to make friends in the line late in the am.

Restaurant 73

Laugavegur 73, Reykjavik 101

A very cozy and cool family-owned restaurant famous for their Epic burgers. Our server was one of the friendliest Icelanders we met on the trip. I recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a nice, local place to have a meal and/or beer.

Ban Thai

Laugavegur 130, Reykjavík, Iceland

Ban Thai is an excellent Thai restaurant, even if it was located somewhere else. Iceland is more known for it's fish and lamb dishes, but if you must otherwise go ethnic, this is the place.

Humarhusid The Lobster House

Amtmannsstíg 1, Reykjavik, Iceland

fantastic must try the horse and grilled lobstertails

Stofan Café

Aðalstræti, Reykjavik, Iceland

It feels like I am in my grandmother's lounge only the kitchen is steps away. I like the feeling of being home without being home. So cozy, especially in winter. I would gladly drop by again if I visited Iceland next year.

T?R?R Frakkar

14, 101 Reykjavik, Iceland

Great Icelandic food. I had Minke whale, puffin and rotten shark here for the first time. They also have awesome aquavit.

Indian Mango

Frakkastigur 12, 101 Reykjavik

It feels weird to find a really good Indian in a country like Iceland, but this restaurant is amazing. The food was great and the staff very friendly and forthcoming. Highly recommended.

Fru Berglaug

Laugavegur 12, Reykjavik 101, Iceland

A lovely, casual restaurant serving fine Icelandic cuisine. They serve the BEST garlic bread I have ever put into my mouth! I loved the vintage decor and the local atmosphere.