Reykjavik Restaurants

Filter restaurants by: Cuisine
Map view

Bæjarins Beztu Pylsur

Bollagarðar 4 -170 Seltjarnarn, Pósthússtræti, Reykjavik, Iceland

One of the most famous hot dog stands in Iceland. They've been around since 1937 and are the best food to get after drinking!

Popular withFoodiesBudgetLocal

Tapas Barinn

Vesturgötu 3b, Reykjavik 101 Iceland

Extremely well-prepared tapas with an international flair. The Icelandic Journey 7-course chef's choice meal was wicked expensive, but very good. The sangria is not too good, don't waste your money on that.

Sægreifinn

Tryggvagata, 101 Reykjavik, Iceland

One of my friend recommended me the Saegreifinn - Sea Baron in English - and I am glad she did! I am not the biggest fan on seafood, but the Lobster Soup is absolutely monumental. You cannot go to Reykjavik without stopping by. The restaurant is quite small and cozy, and is located in a old fisherman's hut. The decor ...

Fish Market

Aðalstræti, Reykjavik, Iceland

Delicious food! I loved the decor of the restaurant even it did not have much to do with Iceland (kind of a ZEN-style)

Popular withFoodiesBusinessLuxury

Hamborgara Búllan

Geirsgötu 1, 101 Reykjavik, Iceland

Very good hamburgers - cheap and fast. Situated by the old harbour.

Popular withLocalFoodiesBudget

The Laundromat Cafe

Austurstraeti 9, Reykjavik, Iceland

Get the dirty breakfast! Bacon, sausage, fruit, eggs, pancakes, bread basket with Nutella, cheese, & yogurt, Yummmmm! There's a day care & laundromat downstairs

Popular withLocalFamiliesTrendsters

Café Paris

Reykjavik, Iceland

The scene is more enjoyable than the food at Cafe Paris along Austurvöllur. On a warm summer night, grab an outdoor table for some of the best people watching in Reykjavik.

Popular withBusinessFamiliesBudget

Fiskfélagið/Fishcompany

Vesturgata 2a, Grófartorg, Reykjavik, Iceland

Great meal, surveying lots of different Icelandic Cuisine. Get the tasting menu. Somehow the local salmon sashimi was THE BEST sushi I've ever had (and I've been to Tokyo and SF). Definitely expensive, but not out of bounds for a great restaurant in Reykjavik.

Popular withLocalFoodiesNightlife

Grillmarkaðurinn (The Grill Market)

Lækjargata, 101 Reykjavík, Iceland

The lobster meal melts in your mouth.

Icelandic Fish and Chips

Tryggvagata 11, 101 Reykjavik, Iceland

Icelandic Fish and Chips Organic Bistro is located in the Harbour area and does it's English equivalent one better. No grease-fest here, as my light and crisp barley battered cod (with "skyronnaise) and seasoned potato wedges (with a pint of beer to wash it all down) were excellent. There was a line out the door when I arrived, but it ...

Popular withBusinessFamiliesBudget

Fjalaköttur

Adalstraeti 16, Reykjavik 101 Iceland

We had our last meal at this restaurant . We wanted to go to another popular restaurant where we´ve been two nights before in this area but was fully booked. We will never forget . we had our best dinner How lucky we were!. .... We had an excellent reasonably priced bottle of wine. The wine list is very special ...

Nonnabiti

Hafnarstræti 9, 101 Reykjavik, Iceland

By far one of the hidden treasures of Reykjavik fast food scene. I recommend that you go there for lunch early in your trip - as you just might end up wanting to go again and again! Open late during weekends, making it a good stop after few drinks at the bar.

Ban Thai

Laugavegur 130, Reykjavík, Iceland

Best Thai food in town

Eldsmiðjan

Wow I never thought I'd try a pizza with cream cheese on it. It was deliciousness! Must order the duetto do formaggi and pizza Amor. Very cute restaurant with wifi for all the travelers!

Popular withFoodiesFamiliesBackpackers

Restaurant 73

Laugavegur 73, Reykjavik 101

A very cozy and cool family-owned restaurant famous for their Epic burgers. Our server was one of the friendliest Icelanders we met on the trip. I recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a nice, local place to have a meal and/or beer.

Humarhusid The Lobster House

Amtmannsstíg 1, Reykjavik, Iceland

fantastic must try the horse and grilled lobstertails

Stofan Café

Aðalstræti, Reykjavik, Iceland

It feels like I am in my grandmother's lounge only the kitchen is steps away. I like the feeling of being home without being home. So cozy, especially in winter. I would gladly drop by again if I visited Iceland next year.

Bakarameistarinn

Reykjavik, Iceland

Gorgeous area an hour north of the city center with a beautiful lake view. There are several beautiful summer homes in the area with breathtaking views!

Popular withAdventureOutdoorBackpackers

T?R?R Frakkar

14, 101 Reykjavik, Iceland

Great Icelandic food. I had Minke whale, puffin and rotten shark here for the first time. They also have awesome aquavit.

Svarta Kaffi

Laugavegur 54a, 101 Reykjavík, Iceland

Really charming restaurant that offers soup in a bread bowl. Everyday they offer two different flavors, one non-vegetarian and one vegetarian. The day I went to visit they had mushroom soup and reindeer soup on the menu. Overall a really cosy place with great staff and atmosphere :-)

Popular withVegetarianBackpackersFoodies