Trip Plan Details
- Grote MarktGrote Markt, Antwerp, VLG 2000, Belgiumrecommended Grote MarktThe central square in Antwerp, with the outstanding city hall on one side, and only historical houses on all other sides, and the statue of Brabo in the middle, is a must see. There are also a ... read moremultitude of restaurants, bars and shops here.
- BegijnhofCatharinastraat 45, Breda, Netherlands
- MAS | Museum aan de StroomHanzestedenplaats 1 2000 Antwerpen, Belgiumrecommended MAS | Museum aan de StroomA must see if you are visiting Antwerp. If you do not have the time to visit its extensive and diverse art collection, then at least take the time to enjoy this piece of great architecture. And around ... read moreit you will find lot's of shops, bars and restaurants in an area that is the new hot-spot of AntwerpMark Hellemans
if you are into museums (or the weather is bad), you should visit this one
- Kathedraal Groenplaats 21, Antwerp, VLG 2000 Belgiumrecommended KathedraalAs most of it is squashed between houses and small streets, it is difficult to see this magnificent building as a whole and almost impossible to get it on photo. The tower with its stone "lacework" is ... read morealmost more air then stone. The inside is also very nice and it is filled with grandiose art from different periods.
- Station Antwerpen-CentraalAntwerpen, Belgiumrecommended Station Antwerpen-CentraalThis is rated as one of the top five historical railway stations. It is in fact more a cathedral in stone and glass then a conventional station. After an extensive renovation and a heavy modernization ... read morewhich doubled the number of tracks and added a half-open underground tunnel, it kept it's charm. Although it is very busy during morning and evening rush hour, you will always find a quiet spot to look up and around taking in its wonderful sights.Mark Hellemans
One of the most beautiful railway stations in the world
commented on this trip
Hey Rick, I have yet to head to Antwerp myself, but Gogobot Pro has a good collection with some interesting restaurants (I've gotten good recommendations from him before.) Hope that's helpful!